Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Headless character

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Torso looks great, I like the stylization of the arms and hands, but what happened to his pelvis. What I mean is if he is supposed to have a pelvis and it is up under the shirt- there is no indication. If this character is going to be a human- he needs a torso- and if it is going to be under the shirt indicate a pelvis by making ridges in the shirt or something to give the viewer a visual clue. The legs are good, but it's hard to see where they will bend... I know you are still in the process of modeling this one so maybe some very subtle or expressive wrinkles where the legs bend can help with that. It's just my opinion so it's up to you.

Your character just needs some more dimension- after all we are working like with digital clay-- think of it like that, or maybe get some real clay and try it out there then try to do the same thing in the modeling window-( just to get used to the idea of modeling-- that's the way I did when I couldn't work something out in the modeling window, I would do it in the real world to SEE what it looks like)

SEE= Select--Eliminate--Exagerate

cartoon-like characters are more expressive the more you select a problem area and exagerate important charcter elements--eliminate unnessesary detail

Did someone say headless??? ;)

I agree that the character doesn't appear to have a pelvis. If it under his shirt, then his arms are mite bit long.

Looks like a good start though.

I keep thinking his shirt needs to have 'College' written across the front or have a texture that makes it look like a sweater.

Heres a really cool picture I did. Oh and I dont need help with cloth wizard anymore. My character is Officially complete! The picture Is really wide so you've been warned. Tell me what you think of the pic. Do you like how its done? If so should I do all my completed models like that? Give me some feed back! :P

Thanks,

Robert Fiermonte

post-8-1079480769.jpg

Looks great! Certainly a lot better than my first models. A couple of suggestions if may though. If the character is eventually going to have a head its neck seems to be a bit long to me. Secondly, from your first image it looks like your character could use a little smart skinning, fan boning or cog assistance in the shoulder area if you haven't gotten to it already.