Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Brontosaurus on the loose!

• Hash Fellow

This is straight off the A:M screen, no further compositing done. I'm impressed.

unleashed.jpg

Here's the set up, just the dinosaur and shadow catcher and rotoscopes on the camera, and then 4 hours fiddling with settings.

brontoSetup.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its funny (LONG STORY SHORT no such thing as the Brontosaurus, its called the Apatosaurus. But honestly the entire group of animals that look like that are called sauropods)

I remember the Brontosaurus. But I have 3 dinosaur books and many dinosaur toys that look like this guy and none of them have his name.

So I decided to look up why. From what I gather the guy who discovered the first Brontosaurus bones called it a "Apatosaurus" But a different guy found bones very similar but much bigger and assumed it was a different species and called it the "Brontosaurus" But they were the same animal just different ages. Unfortunately because the Brontosaurus guy didn't have all the bones and didn't even have the head he grabbed a head from a different species of dinosaur and stuck it on. I think he also broke some bones so that the tail would drag a long the ground as was his conventional thinking.

And for years this was what we knew to be the Brontosaurus. By the way the head he used was the Camarasaurus which was the most common of these animals called the sauropods.

Sauropod_Size_Chart.png