Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Turning while adding CPs?

Darthlister

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I just have a problem keeping perspective while I'm adding CPs to an existing construct---then I have to spend time dragging the errent cps all over

I believe not. They are both "modes" and one will replace the other.

But they both have keyboard shortcuts so you can quickly switch between the two.

• Admin
I just have a problem keeping perspective while I'm adding CPs to an existing construct-

Something you'll love in v17 is the Spline to Surface tool.

With it you can model on top of an existing construct and even change/replace that underlying construct too.

It's also great for modeling extra (unconnected) details right on top of a model.

Note to those using Spline to Surface in a Modeling Window: I find it best to lock down the template after drawing a small 2 CP spline using the Lock key/icon. Then delete that spline and model over the locked geometry. Of course... make sure you select the Spline to Surface icon before splining or else you'll model a lot of geometry that isn't on the intended surface. Doh! I hate it when I do that.

I just have a problem keeping perspective while I'm adding CPs to an existing construct-

Something you'll love in v17 is the Spline to Surface tool.

With it you can model on top of an existing construct and even change/replace that underlying construct too.

It's also great for modeling extra (unconnected) details right on top of a model.

Note to those using Spline to Surface in a Modeling Window: I find it best to lock down the template after drawing a small 2 CP spline using the Lock key/icon. Then delete that spline and model over the locked geometry. Of course... make sure you select the Spline to Surface icon before splining or else you'll model a lot of geometry that isn't on the intended surface. Doh! I hate it when I do that.

Snap to Surface, not Spline to Surface Rodney, but other than that: Yes, good suggestions.

See you

*Fuchur*

• Admin
Snap to Surface, not Spline to Surface Rodney, but other than that: Yes, good suggestions.

Thanks. I've managed to stop calling it the 'Retopology tool' but haven't quite got the correct nomenclature lodged into my brain yet.

I saw a cool feature in another app that would be neat to have. While in the model window a shortcut key (like s, for spin) would put the model into a slow 360deg spin, so it could be viewed as if on a turntable. I will frequently, whilst modeling- drag the model into a chor and set it to do a 360 spin over 10 seconds or so... so that as I make adjustments and additions to the model I can switch over to the chor and see it spin. Very valuable.