Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Someone test this material for me!

I'm attaching a zip file with a sprite material, a flame targa image, a simple model and a chor. I've been working on this fire material and finally got it to look decent, when it just quit rendering!

I can see the sprite outlines in wireframe mode, I can see the sprites in shaded mode, can see them in the chor in shaded mode, they spew out on cue, but they will not render.

I'm stumped, I know it's a simple one.

FireMaterialTest.zip

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah David, I've checked it a few times by now as you can imagine! As I said I can see the sprite outlines in wireframe view in both modeling and chor windows, can see the sprites animate when I scrub through the timeline, but the little buggers just won't render. All I see are the grey discs that have the material on them.

And, other hair in the scene renders just fine.

I'm attaching a zip file with a sprite material, a flame targa image, a simple model and a chor. I've been working on this fire material and finally got it to look decent, when it just quit rendering!

I can see the sprite outlines in wireframe mode, I can see the sprites in shaded mode, can see them in the chor in shaded mode, they spew out on cue, but they will not render.

I'm stumped, I know it's a simple one.

no problems v16 mac

i had to turn on multi pass and change it to full render

also tested in v17 no problems in either tga or quictime renders

Shot9_MidgeLandsAtEntrance_000.tga

Thanks everyone. I loaded Robert's preset and the flame rendered fine, then I reloaded my original project with no changes and it's rendering fine even with just one pass, so, I don't understand what happened or changed but it looks like I'm in good shape.

Yeah but if I ever have this trouble in the middle of the night, I would like to know why it happened so I can fix it before sunrise!

I *thought* maybe something in your preset kicked it into gear, but that's not really likely...I quit and reopened my original chor so there was no overlap or anything like that. So all I can say is, hmmmm...