• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm trying a longer slower render.

An hour per frame!

That's why i wanted to bake the particles so i could use Netrender, but i couldn't get them to bake.

I got it to bake - and to render at 49 secs for 1 pass. However - I set the index of refraction for the glass = 1 (refraction is usually a render hit), turned off shadows, reduced rate of emission to 150, turned off collision checking of particles, turned off reflections.

I do not believe the baking will help the render time that much. I think it's the actual rendering of the blobbies that's the killer.

150RateNoRefractNoshadows.jpg

Do keyframes show up in the chor when you bake?

No. When you bake particles, 2 files are created, and the references to these files is written into the chor under groups for the model that has a particle system (see my screen shot). The files are stored in the same directory as the project. I don't know what is stored in them, as they are not text files (I don't think, but maybe I'm wrong)

Keyframes only show up when you bake dynamic systems

49 seconds!

I'm still getting 6 minutes with one pass, index of refraction 1.0 and 320x240.

Have you tried yet to reduce rate of emission ? reflections? and then if that doesn't help, shadows? (even tho it's only the RIM light z buffered). I also forgot to say that I turned OFF the Fill light. There is still some raytracing going on. Probably the keylight (no shadows). I think the raytracing is the killer.

To get 49 secs for 1 pass 640 x 480 I did the following (and turned off Fill light):

I set the index of refraction for the glass = 1 (refraction is usually a render hit), turned off shadows, reduced rate of emission to 150, turned off collision checking of particles, turned off reflections.

I'm guessing collision checking probably has no impact on rendering (only on baking).

I did notice as I was playing with the settings for the blobbies that there was alot of wonkiness. ie, sometimes the spline representation for the blobbies would disappear and wouldn't come back until the constellations were aligned properly. I found I couldn't set rate of emission lower than 100 and have anything show up in real-time. However that was last night. Have no idea what it would do today.