Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

may have found a problem

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

What version or you using John? (I assume v16b)

Is it possible that you only thought you saved the file after the changes were done?

Can you do the same thing repeatedly and still not see the saved changes?

Any insight into your normal workflow also will help.

For instance, it'd be good to know if you always embed everything in your projects.

This is of interest to me because I recall something simliar in v16 but was not able to reproduce it.

But that may be because I'm now using the v17Alpha and that may have corrected the problem.

Rodney this happen once before on the rough trial somethings did not get saved and I embed before saving Version 16 32bit

Robert I animated the material by changing the ambient color level overtime and it still shows it set just does not happen I also changed the y and z direction of the material and the amount of displacement over time and had the transparency and light brightness ( added light inside model ) vary randomly and it appears the transparency changes at least did not save either

here is the project file

dustball1.zip

• Hash Fellow

When i make the changes to the "Shortcut to Material" that appears under the Bones folder, the keyframes get made in a accompanying "Shortcut to material" that is in the Choreography Action and those survive a save.

But I'm having trouble finding a parameter to change that makes an obvious visual difference so I'm not sure if this is working right or not.

I'm wondering what causes those "Shortcut to Materials" that have a question mark behind the gear icon. Those have been a problem before.

I too was able to make changes to transparency and get them to save.

I believe however that there might be a problem with using displacement and transparency. If I delete the displacement crap... er... channels... in the materials, then transparency shows up.

I tried it with a sine function material - 2 attributes only - modified transparency - worked. Then added displacement to material and the transparency went away.

Maybe it is only problem with a sine function? (did not try anything else)