Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

need help

jason1025

SO I got my 2 new computers.

I own AM V16 both Web and CD.

I cant get AM to launch at all. I coppied my master lic but no help.

I put in the code from the cd but no help.

I also can not run the messengers for net render.

Any ideas?

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

I assume you are on two PCs here.

I cant get AM to launch at all.

I coppied my master lic

I put in the code from the cd

These run counter to each other so I'm trying to understand.

If you can't get to the point where you type in the activation key then it's an indicator of an installation problem such as Admin rights or other installation incompatibility. If you are able to type in the activation Key then it's an indicator of a conflicting key.

Is it possible that you are using the CD key for the non CD install/web subscription and vice versa?

To deconflict, I would set aside trying to run Netrender until you've accomplished a successful installation/activation with A:M.

Or am I misunderstanding and A:M itself will run but you aren't able to succesfully run Netrender?

This is what confused me. An I still don't understand.

I own the actual official CD of AM 16. And I own the EB subscription. I purchased the CD additionally because I wanted to run AM on other systems when My main system was rendering AE stuff. This is how the old AM 15 CD had always worked and is why it was more expensive I thought.

It seems now that the CD is just a piece of plastic? Because it tells me the key has already been used.

Jason said he would get back to me. But he is under the impression I want to transfer a license which is not the case.

Secondly when I initially installed the software the messengers did not load correctly. I fixed this issue by wiping th drive and re installing Windows. Pain in my arss.

I thought we established several times here that the current licenses aren't transportable.

You have a physical v16 CD? I didn't know that even existed.

The physical CD does exist, but it isn't necessary for running the program...the key functions like the subscription version except it doesn't expire.

In general, if you only try to render using netrenderer, you dont have to have a licence on the computer with the slaves running but only on the one with the renderserver running. It will be used to control how many slaves will be opened and will check if you are allowed to do that.

See you

*Fuchur*

Yes true. In my case I want to be able to have 2 render servers. Why? Because my normal render server is not always available to it may be rendering After effects projects.

But like I said Jason is taking care of me so I have no issue.