Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

SimCloth misbehavior

Gerry

I tried searching the forum but decided the quickest way was to just post a question. I'm doing a second Simcloth skirt on my dancing girl (some new steps), just resaved the chor with the original skirt animated and deleted the splines folder. But when I go to do the simulation, her skirt just falls through the floor. I know this has been brought up (probably by me!) but I can't find an answer and I recollect that it was a simple fix.

EDIT: Got the skirt to stay attached but now the simulation isn't happening. The skirt stays rigid. Awhile back I downloaded and watched the video tute on cloth made from a scene in TWO, however I lost it when my external drive went belly-up a couple weeks ago. I know I'm missing something basic, I'll check the TaoAM book next.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I discovered that the deflector group (legs) were intersecting the skirt at the start,so I repositioned the model so there will be a simcloth "preroll" of about 20 frames before the animation starts. The skirt dropping off was a result of the "attached" group needing to be attached in the chor as well as the material settings, so I did that. But the skirt continues to be rigid. Hmmm. Still trying stuff.

I deleted the material shortcuts and reapplied both the cloth and deflector materials, still nothin. I do need to fine tune the dance steps so I'm putting off the Cloth sim until the dance steps are final. But I still need to get to the bottom of this. It really seems familiar though, I'm sure it's a simple thing I'm overlooking.

EDIT: Fuchur, I'm not ignoring your comment, but I'm *pretty* sure someone else made the same comment back when this problem happened before! And under other circumstances I'm all in favor of skirts falling off, but not when she's dancing in the street!