Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Patch colors/materials

Roger

• *A:M User*

So I am working on cleaning up the penguin - I am redoing the patch coloring after doing my CFA. Is there an easy way to choose additional adjacent patches to have the color I want, or should I just create a new group and reapply the material? The only reason I am not doing that is I have a ton of groups as it is and probably should start deleting them. I'm not even sure what some of them are. I don't know how I ended up with so many groups, it looks like they are copies of the existing groups I have (numbered 2-7).

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Is there an easy way to choose additional adjacent patches to have the color I want, or should I just create a new group and reapply the material?

If you select a group that has teh color you want, then hold down the shift key while you use the Patch Group Mode tool to select other patches they will be added to that first group.

The only reason I am not doing that is I have a ton of groups as it is and probably should start deleting them.
Probably easier to start over.

After CFA you usally should use the plugin "purge and merge groups" that will delete all that unwanted doublegroups and color the notcolored patches in the middle. Then you usually just have to add some still uncolored 5 pointpatches by hand (click shiftkey)

After CFA you usally should use the plugin "purge and merge groups" that will delete all that unwanted doublegroups and color the notcolored patches in the middle. Then you usually just have to add some still uncolored 5 pointpatches by hand (click shiftkey)

...and if it are quite many, have a look at the "Select"-plugin which holds an option to select all the 5-pointers of a model.

See you

*Fuchur*

I fortunately don't have a ton of 5 point patches, and there is something very Zen for me in the act of closing them by hand. I would probably change my tune if I had more than to do, though. :)

I think I am just going to delete all the extra groups. I've notice some of my groups no longer activate any splines, though? I thought that was strange. It is like they are no longer associate with the splines that were selected when the group was named. I suppose this could happen if the model was changed enough?

I know if you hit the comma key, that will select every point along a spline - is there a way to select all the points that make up an object? I'm trying to figure out how to select the eyes so that I can move them around, now that they no longer appear to be part of a group.

• Hash Fellow
I know if you hit the comma key, that will select every point along a spline - is there a way to select all the points that make up an object?

/ will select all CPs connected to the one you have selected. I bet that was in TAoA:M. ;)

is there a way to select all the points that make up an object?

Use shift /slash for selecting all connected cps.

Also by using the " purge and merge groups" plugin you get rid of all "unused groups" automaztically..... great timesaver of otherwise tediuos work.

I know if you hit the comma key, that will select every point along a spline - is there a way to select all the points that make up an object?

/ will select all CPs connected to the one you have selected. I bet that was in TAoA:M. ;)

I suppose I deserved that dig. <_>

I used to have a quick reference card (from wayyyyyy back in the MH3D days) but seem to have lost it. Is there one still floating around anywhere? Or a current version?

I used to have a quick reference card (from wayyyyyy back in the MH3D days) but seem to have lost it. Is there one still floating around anywhere? Or a current version?

tools/Customize/keyboard/export will get you all the shortcuts in a KeyboardShortcuts.html file in your hash folder on your HD.

tools/Customize/keyboard/export will get you all the shortcuts in a KeyboardShortcuts.html file in your hash folder on your HD.

Wow - that is really cool. Printing one up right now - thanks Nancy :)