sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Despicable Me opening shot

Shelton

• *A:M User*

My 8 year old son and me watch 3d movies together all the time. This started at a very early age for him. In fact he would watch toy story or nemo in their entirety at the age of 9 months! Anyway we were watching Despicable Me again for the xx time tonight and I love the opening shot. The lighting and animation are wonderful. The part where the Shepard is herding the goats up the hill. The movement of the Shepard keeps my attention. Just the little hand gestures etc...

Also, we watched how to train your dragon a couple of nights ago and there a lot of shots I love. The one near the end when large dragon breathes fire across the ships in the bay. I love the camera angle and the movement of the ships when the fire hits them.

Just some observations. I buy all the animated movies and watch them over and over to hear Eli laugh or to ask questions. I guess it is a thing a father and son have in common. I also watch to see timing and try to figure how they do some of the things they do. I could on, but do some of you have favorite shots?

Steve

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

No faves off the top of my head, but I appreciate the reminder to see some of these flicks. So many good animations come and go so fast and it's impossible to see them all in the theatres. I keep making mental notes to rent some of these but the list keeps growing longer!

also, it must be great to see them with your boy at your side. It must almost be like seeing them through his eyes.

• Hash Fellow

I've only seen DM once in the theater so i don't recall a favorite scene although i enjoyed it.

I'm finding it harder to watch CG movies because now that I know something of the process of making them it's difficult to watch them just as movies.

I had trouble watching "How to Train your Dragon" because of all the beards and as soon as i saw something iffy on one I was checking all the others for that for the rest of the movie.

"Up" was like that for me when i noticed no one had nostrils.

Wall-E still remains my favourite, there's just something about it. Part of its the story and characters for sure, I mean Wall-E says a total of two words in the whole movie yet you feel for him and honestly, Wall-E was a far more romantic movie than most of the romance/comedy romances I've seen

• *A:M User*

Gerry, we go see all the new animated movies together, and sometime during each movie I look at Eli and see his face, it is great. Robert, I know what you mean when you something that can distract your attention. But if the story is good and entertaining I tend to let the oops go. Chris, I love Wall-E as well. There are two many shots in that one I could list.

Steve