sprockets Making and Using Drop-On Poses TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Rendered raw backgrounds

bubba

When I render to file a choreography that I have not touched except for placing a model in it, I get a different background color depending upon the file type I have chosen.

Tga get me gray; mov gets black and jpeg is green

Any one know why?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When I render to file a choreography that I have not touched except for placing a model in it, I get a different background color depending upon the file type I have chosen.

Tga get me gray; mov gets black and jpeg is green

Any one know why?

What are your render settings, besides file type? what version A:M? Alpha channel on/off? Is this the default chor, then background should be blue. Is this for 1 frame? Does this only happen with 1 model?

When I render to file a choreography that I have not touched except for placing a model in it

Need more info, it would help to answer the questions:

1) did you try with just rendering the default chor ? without your model in it?

2) Did you change the background color?

3) Are you doing a final render? Are you rendering with multipass on? or Off?

If I render D1 NTSC (16rc01 32, PC), the default chor to tga (final 2 pass multipass or final no pass), I get a blue (default color) background.

So what does your chor look like? Post a screen capture or the rendered image for the chor that is giving you trouble.

defaultbackground.jpg

• Hash Fellow
I just use the "simple" render settings. It seems to always default to "Custom"

Turn on "Advanced" and use advanced always so you can see what you are doing.

your tga render has an alpha channel. When you render to TGA, the alpha buffer (an "advanced" setting) is on by default. An alpha channel allows something other than the background color to show through instead.

WarhawkHasAlpha.JPG

Turn that off and you should get your set background color. If you render from the camera view that is "sky" blue by default. If you render from some non-camera view that will be the interface background color which is a dark blue by default.

JPG doesn't support alpha channel.

Quicktime (MOV) may or may not include an alpha channel depending on what codec you choose. "Animation" codec includes an alpha channel. "Animation" produces large files, dont' use it unless you have a reason to need it.

Unless you plan to use your image in a compositing app you don't need an alpha channel.