Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Mecha

Grubber

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's looking great.

I'd have to agree with the others though...I'd make the hands bigger if I was modeling it. What kind of look are you going for with this model? If it's for realism, don't make them too big. If you're trying to make a big, hardcore, killer mecha, I'd make the hands and maybe forearms really big, add some big shoulder pads, all that good stuff.

Dang! I like him. Looks like a mech/suit of armor hybrid, what with the gauntlet-y arms and all.

With joints like those, this guy sure as heck looks like he was made to be animated. He'd be great to see in action. Do extra joints make his motions robo-jerky or fluid and controlled? :unsure:

Sweet modelling there Grubber.

I drew up an idea for a robot (i know, yours is a mech) and seeing yours, mine looks like a beat up garbage can on wheels in comparison. Actually I think I might actually try that. Might be fun.

Anyway, I digress.

I do appreciate how each you made each joint. I hope the rigging goes well for you.

;)

Joe_Lunjen: I enjoy modeling more than anything else. But still you have to try hard be very good :D

williamgaylord: I am going to animate it. But it's long way.

Rodney: Here's some close up's. :D

JohnArtbox: Yea, that will be very fun! ;) But I have never made really good skeleton. :ph34r:

arm.jpg

back.jpg

hand.jpg

I have modeled the head finally. But I am not very satisfied with it <_<

That do you think?

I could do better... :rolleyes:

J/k :P

Naw, I, personally, think it looks tight.

What don't you like about it?

I guess it might look a little plain, just cuz the rest of the body is so detailed. Perhaps you could find a way to put more gears/pistons/mechanically stuff on it? I dunno.... I think the whole thing looks great.

• Admin

You may be convincing me to stick to cartoons (and simple models) in my projects! :lol:

You are wearing me out just looking at the detail you are modeling into your mech. I am SO GLAD that my primary *mech* model is based on toothpicks and matches... :lol::lol::lol:

A lot of my thinking these days deals with life in a 2D world (as most of my drawing experience revolves around comics). Viewing your images again today made me think about the benefits of A:M as applied to those 2D worlds.

One awesome aspect of A:M is that you (in this case, literally you) can build a very detailed model in A:M and through posing get that same level of detail in any angle shot you want.

It sure would be hard to draw and redraw that detail in 2D!

Staggers the mind...