sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Snowball

Sollywood

Hi,

I'm needing to make a snowball being thrown at the camera. I'm using the "It's a pitch" tute for the character action (using my own character). When the snowball hits the lens/screen, it needs to splat out (like snowballs do!). Any thoughts on how I can make this happen effectively?

Thanks.

PAUL

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about if some particle "blobbies" hit a transparent plane in front of the camera?

You might also try a fluid emitter and make the particle size fairly large and emission rate really small.

Whichever way to do it, you will probably have more control over the final look if you set it up in a separate chor and edit the rendered sequence into your movie. (rather than trying to do everything in a single chor)

I like the way you made it all flatten against the screen. Would I be right in thinking that this might also be achieved reasonable successfully using a pose?

What I'm really after is all the little bits that splatter out and end up a lettle distance away from the main ball.