north

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

say, how do you display the x and y axis lines. i am going over the controls and i cant find it.

also in the flower power exercise, in creating the yellow bud, it creates a doughnut shape instead of a circle shape.

For displaying the X and Y axis lines...you may have your color scheme hiding them. To change that, open "Tools/Customize/Appearance". Or, are you talking about the rulers? For the rulers, you can go to "Tools/Options/Modeling" and check the "Display rulers" box.

As for the doughnut shape you're getting...an image might help explain.

---------------------

EDIT

---------------------

I forgot to mention, in "Tools/Options/Modeling" also check the "Display grid" box.

i already have the "display grid" and display ruler check. the y axis has a green line in the middle of the screen.

in the flower power tutorial, the narrator has it shown to help show where the y axis is at 0cm.

i am beginning to feel that it is just the different version of the AM. the tutorial is years old and i have the latest AM.

as for the doughnut, its okay, i fixed that part mostly in the other thread you mention about the tutorials.

i uploaded 2 files. flowerpower is the one that the narrator has. as you can see, there is a green y axis line at 0cm mark, flowerpower2 is my work. at the 0cm, i have no such y axis line. i decided to try changing colors for the y axis but it still didnt.

post-13126-1280923319_thumb.jpg

post-13126-1280923328_thumb.png

You need to be in front view [NUM 2], or any other direct views. If you go to Tools - Customize - Toolbars and select Views, you get buttons on your menubar for that

North, if you look at the title bar of your file, you'll see "Birds Eye View". this indicates that you're not looking at it from a direct side/front/top view. No axes will display in birds eye view.

The Num keypad will show the following views: 8-rear; 4-left; 5-top; 6-right; 1-camera view (if you've got a camera); 2-front; 3 and 9 don't do anything I think. If you're looking from any straight-on view, you can return to the previous birds eye view with 7.

You can always check the xyz positions with the little indicator at the bottom left of the window.