sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Flipped and reversed

jakerupert

I am looking for two things, I would have expected to be simple in 3D:

1. It ocurred, that I needed an animation rendered backwards,

so I thought maybe just setting in render the frames to start from frame 30 and end frame 0 for example,

BUT..... that´s not accepted.

2. I just want to flip the cameraview, so that the chara doesnt run left right but right left.

Thought about scaling the x value to minus something, BUT.... there is no scaling for camera.

I know , both this could be done in post, but my question is, is there an easy way to do this

in AM, that I have overlooked?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin
1. It ocurred, that I needed an animation rendered backwards,

so I thought maybe just setting in render the frames to start from frame 30 and end frame 0 for example,

BUT..... that´s not accepted.

For any Action with an Ease setting you can just inverse the ease starting with 100 percent and ending with 0 percent.

If you've got mulitple actions, combined actions, layered actions etc. etc this might be more pain than its worth.

It'd be best to know more about what your animation consists of.

If too complex you may want to reverse the animation in post.

There are a lot of options here that depend on too many variables at the moment.

With rendered images being able to be retimed in A:M this is very easy to do in post.

2. I just want to flip the cameraview, so that the chara doesnt run left right but right left.

Thought about scaling the x value to minus something, BUT.... there is no scaling for camera.

As for flipping the Camera view... the first thing that comes to mind is to use a mirror (fully reflective plane) and point the Camera toward that. Just make sure your camera is not visible or it will show in the scene too.

There is likely an easier way than that.... so wait and see what others come up with first.

• Hash Fellow

You can scale the camera manually on X and it does flip the image, oddly enough! Try Scale constraining it to a null and Scaling the null by -100% on X.

But if your scene is long to render it's easier to put your original footage on a roto and reverse scale the roto and render that. Likewise you can key frame the displayed frame of image sequences to make them run backward.