sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CP Weights

jason1025

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Error when editing CP Weights Manually.

Computing cp weights using bone falloff works fine but when ever I try to edit them manually I get these errors and notice my 4arm bone comes up twice. Any Ideas?

After you have computed the CP Weighting and before doing any manual editing, you might want to save the model, close A:M, reopen and then re-load the model. Also, if you are hitting the "Apply" button, hit the "Done" button instead...it doesn't keep the dialog open, but it has been extremely reliable for me.

Hope that helps, Jason.

I tried your suggestion and no difference.

attached is the model

trash_falloff01.mdl

My theories are

1. AM 15F is broken when it comes to Manual CP Weight editing

2. My model is corrupt.

3. Other.

Any thoughts?

In the example video, I didn't see you save your model and then re-open and you were using "Apply" instead of "Done"...which were my suggestions. They may not be the answer though, so give me a few minutes, I'll do some messing with the example model and post the results as quick as I can.

Okay, I did exactly the same steps as in the example video using both v13.0t and v15.0e (I run the CD version, so I don't have "f") and didn't have any of the same problems you experienced, Jason. So, it looks like 15.0f might have a problem...of course it will take someone with "f" to confirm that. Unless saving/closing/reopening works around it, you might need to roll back to 15.0e if this is going to cause you a lot of headaches. If it does end up being a problem with "f", be sure to put in a report on AM Reports.

Hope that helps, Jason.

• Developer

Too (no crahs) , but the problem here is , that it should never happend (or possible) that the same bone is weighted twice to one cp .

Second problem , I can't watch the quicktime , so I can't repeat the steps , but I will look at this issue.

I think als that this dialog needs a redesign , I think it's confusing , when You put a percentage, hit "Apply" and the resulting value is different

from what You have typed in (some recalculation is done in this case) .

Yeah, I tried it and it works, too.

I don't know that I would bother turning on "Has Falloff" if you're going to manually weight the CPs. I've never had real luck with Falloff and just manually weight all of them.

Another thing, once you hit apply, you need to close the weighting window.

If you hit apply twice, it will create false weighting. If you edit the weighting and do not change anything and close the window, it will create false weighting. If you see the same bone weighted twice to a cp, delete both bones from the bone list and reselect it from the bone menu.

The manual weighting dialog has been buggy ever since it came out, there are work arounds to avoid these issues.

Steffen, I'm all for a redesign.

Second problem , I can't watch the quicktime , so I can't repeat the steps , but I will look at this issue.

The video downloaded strange for me too...I had a "php" extension and was named differently than I expected. Here's a repost of that video to see if it clears up the problem.

Hope that helps, Steffen.

--------------------------------------

EDIT

--------------------------------------

You might have to right mouse-click and select "save as"...that's the only way I got it to work.

CP_Weights_repost_.mov

Hey folks

Thanks for all the help.

I tried everything all of you suggested. The video was made before your suggestions. It still didnt work. I flipped over to the mac side and everything works effortlessly. I am hoping that when I go back to the PC vista side everything will work fine. Which would mean it just took a reboot to correct the problem.

If thats the case I broke my golden rule.

"When in doubt reboot it out."

Are you ready?

I had the same problem when I went back to the vista side. Very frustrating because the same exact model and project did not have the problem on the mac side. In my experience mac AM has been more bggy but it seems with cp weights manually editing works seamlessly.

However I did find the work around for the windows side.

In Windows AM if you are having my problem, You must first DELETE all bones IN the Manual CP Weight Editor. Then ADD the bones again. ITS a simple work around or fix. Then everything works just fine.