Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Combining two Choreographies

Eric800

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean merge the two files or combine the renders from the two files?

well, in my Project Workspace can I combine two of my Choreographies into one Choreography or do I render the choreographies seperate and then put them together using QuickTime or windows media player?

sorry if im not answering your question.

• Admin

To combine two Choreographies most people:

- Save Both Chors (Actually, they don't do this but they SHOULD!)

- Either Create a New Chor or open one of the two

- Right Click in the Chor window

- Select 'Import Choreography'

- Import the desired Chor(s)

spot on, I do this all the time.

spot on, I do this all the time.

The real question is: Do he need the chors to merge "behind eachother" so that the animations of chor1 are going on after the animations of chor two, or do you want to merge two which have things happening at the same time?

The second one can be archieved by eighter using the steps the others mentioned or by opening both chors and drag and dropping the models / lights /cameras you need into the other one via PWS.

The first approach is more difficult... you would have to shift the animations of one chor and after that merge them... SHifting can be done by selecting all the keyframes and moving them in the timeline-window.

*Fuchur*

ok here's my story..... I made a short movie, but when I was done I realized that I forgot the beginning credits so I tryed going to the negitive numbers on the time line and made the beginning credits there so my movie started at -00:49:00 to 01:50:00 (some were around there).

Then I realized that AM dosn't render negitive numbers so I made a new choreography and made the beginning credits but the movie is still in the first choreography that I made

so I have different ways of putting them togther

1. I could put those choreographies together put when I do that I get this messege... TROUBLE OPENING DEVICE ERROR 289 but when its done loading there's nothing wrong with anything, however I get the choregraphies overlapped (two cameras, two light sources, etc.)

OR

2. I render one choreography that has the credits and the other that has the movie and when there both done, but how can I put those two rendered movies together (i like rendering them in avi.)?

OR

3. I go to the choreography that has the movie and move ALL those key frames (which I think thats the red square's on the time line) and then import the choreography that has the credits.

PS. both choreographies start at 00:00:00

• Hash Fellow
2. I render one choreography that has the credits and the other that has the movie and when there both done, but how can I put those two rendered movies together (i like rendering them in avi.)?

Use the non-linear editor I linked to before.

Use the non-linear editor I linked to before.

thanks guys for your help, and thanks for the link robcat2075 I'll try to use non-linear editor to solve my problem.

thank you