Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Getting restarted with am

Bruce Morgan

I am getting restarted with AM and wish to use my mac pro lap tops .

Can you tell me if am works best on vista ?

or on the current mac operating sytem?

Also -i have a hard time keeping track of my old account info and I wish to renew my subscription early this year .

Is there a wayto retrieve info on customers other than the original registration number ?

Comment

You guys are still my favorite for 3d animation since Maya has all those expensive ever changing plug ins -it is just not friendly to the solo animator ,

Cheers and thanks for a response .

Bruce

ps 1 I can not wait to get restarted esapecially with the online tutorials .

ps2 where will th ehash team appear this year sigraph ?

I am getting restarted with AM and wish to use my mac pro lap tops .

Can you tell me if am works best on vita ?

or on the mac operating sytem?

Also -i have a hard time keeping track of my old account info and I wish to renew my subscription early this year .

You guys are still my favorite for 3d animation Maya and all those expensive ever changing plug ins is just not friendly to the solo animator

Cheers and thanks for a response .

I can not wait to get restarted esapecially with the online tuutorioals .

Regards

Bruce

ps where will th ehash team appear this year sigraph ?

I tend to say that the Windows-version is slightly more stable than the Mac-versions... I don't own a Mac, so I cant proove it... this is just from what I have read. In Vista you will have to deactivate Desktop-Composition (you can set that for each programm individuelly) and after that it should run well.

Hash won't be on the Siggraph. Martin thinks (I tend to say he is right) that Siggraph is dieing. But you will find Hash on the Comicon 2009 in San Diego, (quite large) and some others...

Someone from hash should answer you there...

Maybe there is a roadmap somewhere...

*Fuchur*

• ____ 1

• Hash Fellow
Is there a wayto retrieve info on customers other than the original registration number ?

You really dont' need that anymore. The current plan is a download/one year license for $79 whether you've owned it previously or not.

• Admin

Hey Bruce, its great to see you posting here.

I can only speak to my own experience and haven't used Macs at all.

There are more A:M users on Windows than Mac but its been that way all along. I've found A:M works on my WinXP machine very well.

Vista on my laptop took awhile to track down specific display driver updates. Running on 1GB RAM also took its toll. Vista really needs 2GB minimum. Most computers probably don't come with less these days.

Bottom line, Vista needs more resources than that little first-generation Vista-ready laptop could deliver. If you have a newer system you'll be fine.

Hash won't be on the Siggraph. Martin thinks (I tend to say he is right) that Siggraph is dieing.

I believe the general consensus is that its turned into a job fair.

• ____ 1

You really dont' need that anymore. The current plan is a download/one year license for $79 whether you've owned it previously or not.

great this helps

Cheers

Bruce

Hey Bruce, its great to see you posting here.

I can only speak to my own experience and haven't used Macs at all.

There are more A:M users on Windows than Mac but its been that way all along. I've found A:M works on my WinXP machine very well.

Vista on my laptop took awhile to track down specific display driver updates. Running on 1GB RAM also took its toll. Vista really needs 2GB minimum. Most computers probably don't come with less these days.

Bottom line, Vista needs more resources than that little first-generation Vista-ready laptop could deliver. If you have a newer system you'll be fine.

Hash won't be on the Siggraph. Martin thinks (I tend to say he is right) that Siggraph is dieing.

I believe the general consensus is that its turned into a job fair.

It is actually more affordable and better for me to get a pc box with vita or xp and at least a dual core processor like an hp or an acer and just work the way you guys recommend

so when i get the upgrade ill go pc

I have an old Mac (G4), and I'm using V15. I notice I can animate and move around the Chor. window in wireframe better then shaded. The program will quit on my if I start clicking one menu item after another quickly.

I would be interested to know if that will still happen when I upgrade my Mac. I like AM, even with the price increase there is still no other program that can do what it does for the price.

PLEASE KEEP SUPPORTING MAC's! I know were a small market share, but were a loyal group.

• ____ 1

As I've mentioned elsewhere I am probably one of the few who uses AM on both platforms, a PC at my day job and Mac at home. But we are also still on XP at work, not vista. It's much more stable on PC I must say, though I've been tracking down the specific areas where the instability lies on the Mac. I can still work in it just fine, but it takes a little patience. And a lot of saving!

• ____ 1