Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dragon WIP

Hi guys,

I am modeling a dragon which I have wanted to do for a long time, am not going for a typical design I plan to play with him a bit.....chances are i may not model the entire dragon which depends on what scene I decide to put him in.....so far this is what I have and am slowly adding details to his head; am not pleased with his mouth it's tricky to get it looking the way I want it to..

crits are welcome...

post-447-1214314083_thumb.jpg

post-447-1214314099_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys,

3DArtZ I agree but I have eliminated extra splines from the get go and all thats there is what I need...

He's about 1071 patches right now trying my best to keep it low...

New updates..

post-447-1214434178_thumb.jpg

post-447-1214434188_thumb.jpg

Nice work Darklimit. Is this dragon part of the same project as the last 2 bot characters you made?

I remember you saying in a previous post that you dont like to use hooks but I think you could limit some patches by doing that.

I also like the character in your avatar.

jirard thanks mate, you know I have never used hooks up until this model so I will reevaluate it and see where I can use more to control the patch counts.........this model is not part of a project am doing it for my portfolio......

jirard yes I created the character in my Avatar but not in A:M you can see a render here [http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y155/DarkLimitArts/?action=view&current=CatFinal.jpg]

Thanks alot guys for the feedback I have updated his head almost done detailing it then unto the body....I have chosen a scene for him so most of his body will be modeled.....

post-447-1214664568_thumb.jpg

post-447-1214664585_thumb.jpg

• *A:M User*

Very Nice! Every since I watched Briar Rose Trailer I have wanted to do a dragon. I have bought books and looked at others view of what a dragon would look like. I have started twice but I have not been happy with the results. Yours looks great.

Steve

-Shelton, Thanks I also have tried before and I did not get good results.......

-I have simplified the mesh cage removing extra details, My scene is simple so I don't really need all those details I had in my previous renders....I dropped the patch count from 1125 to 726 which am happy with, the head is done and am designing part of the body..

post-447-1214840429_thumb.jpg

post-447-1214840440_thumb.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hi guys,

- I have re-worked most of the mesh I was not to pleased with the direction of the previous design, The mesh is not as clean as I would like it but it's coming along....I still need to build the inside of his mouth, teeth etc...

feedback is welcome..

post-447-1236612457_thumb.jpg

post-447-1236612469_thumb.jpg