petokosun

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

I presume it has moved to where ever the IK hand target is placed. just move the hand until the arm is in the pose you want.

If the hand is not at the IK hand target then you've rigged something wrong. Impossible to tell from the picture, though.

i had this problem too once, but i just can´t remember the solution... it was exactly the same, right arm pointing aside...

i might remember now... hmmm.... did you use the 2001 rig from the v15 web subscription version??? i remember i replaced it with my old version from the v12-cd, and everything worked fine... the v15-version seemed to be broke... i´m pretty sure right now that this was the issue... maybe you can try just replacing the relationship-folder so you don´t have to re-rig...

Hello Gang,

Just finishing up tutorial "13 Backbone" and ran into the same problem. When I turned on the IK setup the left arm was fine but the right arm sticks up at the elbow.

Why & How does one reconcile this? Is there another thread or tutorial on this?

Here's the model file.

Thanks, Myron

My_BonelessThom.mdl

Hello Gang,

Just finishing up tutorial "13 Backbone" and ran into the same problem. When I turned on the IK setup the left arm was fine but the right arm sticks up at the elbow.

Here's the model file.

Thanks, Myron

Just finished doing the tutorial again. Same place, same problem. (checking for pilot error) I did notice, however, that by toggling the IK Arm button on & off the right arm would jump around to different places. robcat2075 suggested the IK Hand target, and thefreshestever suggested the relationship folder. I will experiment with the both and see what happens.

Hello Gang,

Here's the model file.

Thanks, Myron

Just finished doing the tutorial again. Same place, same problem. (checking for pilot error) I did notice, however, that by toggling the IK Arm button on & off the right arm would jump around to different places. robcat2075 suggested the IK Hand target, and thefreshestever suggested the relationship folder. I will experiment with the both and see what happens.

I mispoke before when I said that I had "finished" the tutorial. I had sone it up to the point where I turned the Ik Arms setup to on. This time after turning on the IK arm setting I noticed the elbow "rotation bone" (I don't know the proper term) was different from side to side. after tweaking that into an approximately mirrored position with the left one, rotating some of the arm bones I finally got it to work and finished the tutorial for real this time. I'm sure there is a better, more sophistiscated way to resolve the issue. While I'm waiting for it to come to me, I think I'll browse through the forum on rigging and relationships that I probably should have read sooner.

I am also using AM 13 and i ran into the same problem. When I tested it with resolute walk it was perfect but when animating myself it was messed up again. This must just be a problem with the version 13 software.

Some things have changed since the beginner tutorials were put together...I don't think it's a "problem" with v13.

The problem is with the euler limit on the right forearm in the IK Arm Setup. For some reason the constraint is set to 0%, it should be 100% in the ON and OFF position of the pose.

Thanks for your reply, mtpeak2, I downloaded your model.

Sorry to ask such newbie questions, but I suffer from ignorance till I am healed with knowledge. Can I make this change in the 2001 Skeleton rig that is in my library, and if I can, how?

In trying to finish exercise 13, when I tried to apply smartskin to the knees & elbows like it suggested in the manual everything twisted in a wierd manner. Is this supposed to happen? I moved the cp's back but the process was time consuming and tedious, am I doing something wrong?

Also, how do I make a screen capture to upload instead of uploading the whole project?

Upload_thom.prj

Yes you can fix it.

Open the BonelessThom_Fixed model I posted and the 2001 Skeleton in the same project. Delete the relationship folder from 2001 Skeleton using the delete key on your keyboard. Then select and drag the relationship folder from the BonelessThom model to the 2001 Skeletons name in the PWS. Save the 2001 Skeleton to your HD.

First, smartskin for the arms and legs should be done with the IK setups OFF. When selecting smartskin for the forearms or calves, A:M probably rotated the bone in the wrong direction (these bones have euler limits that restrict their rotation). When in the smartskin window, zero out the transform properties of the bone being smartskinned. Then use the rotate manipulator to rotate the bone in the corect rotation needed for the smarskin. I'll take a look at the project.

Function and print screen keys on your keyboard. then open a paint program and paste from clipboard as new image.

[EDIT] You didn't embed the model file in the project.

Yes you can fix it.

Open the BonelessThom_Fixed model I posted and the 2001 Skeleton in the same project. Delete the relationship folder from 2001 Skeleton using the delete key on your keyboard. Then select and drag the relationship folder from the BonelessThom model to the 2001 Skeletons name in the PWS. Save the 2001 Skeleton to your HD.

First, smartskin for the arms and legs should be done with the IK setups OFF. When selecting smartskin for the forearms or calves, A:M probably rotated the bone in the wrong direction (these bones have euler limits that restrict their rotation). When in the smartskin window, zero out the transform properties of the bone being smartskinned. Then use the rotate manipulator to rotate the bone in the corect rotation needed for the smarskin. I'll take a look at the project.

Function and print screen keys on your keyboard. then open a paint program and paste from clipboard as new image.

[EDIT] You didn't embed the model file in the project.

thanks, mtpeak2,

I'll be able to play with these things this evening, my other life keeps intruding on my A:M time. In the mean time I think I've embedded the model file this time.

Embedded_Upload_thom.prj