A couple of characters I finished

jirard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how, but I missed this...

Thanks Largento

I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff done also. Do you have any links that talk about assigning cps and weighting?

I kinda' stumbled around finding stuff. I'm still doing a lot of things by the seat of my pants, but there were two big sources for what little I do know. One was Dave's video tutorials for the Squetch rig. You can see Dave actually doing it, which is very helpful. (At the time, I didn't even know that you could manually assign weights!) The other was the CP weighting disc that you used to be able to buy through Zandoria Studios.

I did a tiny, very simple tutorial in this thread.

Largento,

I didn't realize Barry's tutorials didn't cover weighting - but do they cover fan bones? That's another area that I don't seem to find many tutorials on. Colin talks about them a little in the Cooper tutorial and there's some basic tutorials that show a fan bone applied to a simple cylinder, but I haven't seen a tutorial that sets up a fan bone on something like a shoulder or hip, and goes one step at a time.

thanks!

-Jim

I'm not really sure that I know what fan bones are. He does cover using cosmetic (or orient like) bones.