• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Admin

Justin,

As John said, No it Enhance A:M doesn't ship with A:M. Its a separate product.

The last I knew it was PC only.

Sorry. They are very nice materials.

I believe Darktree Simbiont materials can be used on a Mac now so that might be worth looking into if you don't use them already.

Thanks guys. It seems like there are a ton of ways to add a look to models. So far I've got the modeling part down, and I've been able to add decals, which I think is a great feature. I'm going to be creating a photo-realistic robot for my movie, and I'm not sure what direction to go for materials. I'm still going through tutorials and learning, but I'm not sure if it's better to use decals or material settings to get the look I want. The included picture is a character that I designed in Photoshop, so he's 2D. This is what I'm going to model, and I want to try to get it him to look as detailed as the 2D version. If I can make him look exactly like that, even better. I'm sure I can use decals, but is this the best way. Maybe there is a great tutorial on creating materials, starting with the basics, and working to something more advanced. Cause all I know right now, besides decals, is how to change the color of my model. I really want to make all different types of metal, some shiny, some dull and aged; dirty and weathered. Thanks.

post-11067-1188743800_thumb.jpg

Me thinks you're way ahead of the game. Doing that in Photoshop requires some skill and a working knowledge of making awesome decals. To get the specularity and such, just make spec size and intensity maps from the color decals and apply them in AM. Decals is a nice way to go if you have the skills, and you do. They render faster than materials and look as good or better than materials. The big thing about materials is that they are resolution independent.

Thanks Eric,

I may have close ups on some of the characters. If I use higher resolution images for my decals, will that help? I'm not worried about things looking super real, I just don't want to have it look like I'm zooming in on a digital image. My knowledge with decals is very basic, I just finished the airplane tutorial that comes with the program. I think I will eventually need to learn how to flatten my model and all that advance stuff, to make it look really good. But it looks like decals may be the way to go, or a mix, if I can figure out how to make good looking materials. Thanks.

Justin

I just would test it...

Do a closeuprendering and see if the quality is sufficient. If not, use higher resolution-texturemaps.

Of course that will cause a bit longer rendertimes, but if you need it, you need it...

(More data results in longer times to proceed...)

*Fuchur*