Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

animating a weight's test

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Durn good until he gets it up off his chest. Hands way too high on the ball, and for part of it the left middle finger disappears.

Try this. When it's up on his chest, have him do a little chest bounce to momentarily take the weight off his hands, and have the hands slip down under it further. Then when he gets it up in the air, after a moment have him stagger around and lose the balance.

What phatso said seems right, but I think for a different reason.

When you pick up a ball from two points, if they are not on the axis, it would roll exactly as it did. That would put his hands too high on the ball, and he's lucky it didn't roll down his chest and crush his feet.

With that kind of (apparent) weight, I wouldn't want to try a chest bounce.

Charlie

Mike's point about the decal is a goodun. I think you did a heavy job, man!

thanks all for your comments .... I will return to this exercise later, then I will use all of the pieces of advice proposed by you. Regarding the crack in the ground, I applied a displecement and I adjusted the percentage directly in the choreography. I just decided to incorporate crack to give more emphasis to the weight. I promisse to be more accurate in the next update :)

Thanks again

Chest bounce: wrong phrase. Struggling little shrug? Anyway, you get the idea, a lot of people shift the weight once they get it shoulder high so they can raise it higher.

The first part of the animation is really good, it gets the whole weight and balance thing across. When it's right, you just know it.