Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Looking for modeler for short Star Wars film

Hello, everyone! I'm not sure if this is asking too much, but I'm hoping there's someone out there who would be willing to help for the fun of it, or who knows where I could find one. I love A:M's easy to use choreography interface and finding staging and animating very intuitive, but a modeler I am not. To be honest, between writing the script, teaching myself how to greenscreen, research, etc etc, building a model from scratch is something I'm not having a lot of time left to dedicate to. If you are interested in jumping onboard, please contact me.

I'm looking for a realistic as possibe Rebel A-Wing. All the 3DS models out there import very poorly to A:M.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll give it a whirl. An A-wing isn't that hard. Do you have a date when you want it finished by?

This is all still really in the preproduction phase so no, I don't have a set time. I really appreciate your reply and looking forward to seeing what you can do. Thanks!!

That's a great start! I can see it already!

You're bad luck is that I'm a Star Wars fan so I see some things that could be improved!

The split in the middle could go further back, and there's some wrinkles around the area that possibly shouldn't be there

Also...I'm interested to see how you model in the difference between the red center and white outer parts...

Good job--keep it up!

Lee

Any other ships that you need?

Thanks...

Al

Edit:

In case you need them, I have been working on an AT-AT in A:M...

at_at0.jpg

... as well as this Jedi Starfighter and Hyper Ring. It was created in Anim8or, but I don't think it would be that difficult to re-create in A:M.

cruiser2.jpg

Great looking models, Tralfaz.

Right now, all I've decided on for sure are A-Wings and TIE Interceptors. The interceptor is taken care of by use of a really great 3DS model that imports perfectly.

I've been toying with the use of a stardestroyer and possibly some random freighters...but who knows. There's an A:M destroyer running around that I found....looks great in far shots, but not so great close up.

Again, this is all really in the development stage of "what can i pull off?"

Sorry it's been a while. Here's a little more on the starfighter. Modeling should actually be down in the next week or so, and then i'll move onto texturing.

Something I just remembered.....

What's the possibility of having the cannons able to rotate on an axle? One shot i had in mind is of one of the awings being chased by a TIE and the pilot rotating his cannons 180 degrees to shoot at the chasing TIE.

I found photos of plastic models of the A-Wing. They may help in your modeling.

http://www.starwarsmodels.com/awings.html

http://www.starwarsmodels.com/awing.html

the second link includes a photo of the underside.

You can by the plastic model on Ebay. One vendor is even selling a model that has been completed and painted.

Something I just remembered.....

What's the possibility of having the cannons able to rotate on an axle? One shot i had in mind is of one of the awings being chased by a TIE and the pilot rotating his cannons 180 degrees to shoot at the chasing TIE.

That's no problem at all. As for Star Destroyers, I'm working on a few designs for my own tests and stuff, so when they're built, I can let you have them.

The Jedi Starfighter was created with Anim8or!!! That's awesome, I haven't used that program in ages!

The Jedi Starfighter was created with Anim8or!!! That's awesome, I haven't used that program in ages!

Anim8or was actually a pretty good free polygon based program. I got to be not too bad at modelling with it, but Anim8or lacked some features that I was looking for when it came to animating. A:M has all those nifty features and a whole lot more!!

What's the possibility of having the cannons able to rotate on an axle?

Should be no problem. Just go into Bones Mode, add a bone, select [highlight it] marquee all CP's that should move and they should start to flash on and off in the bone's color. They will then move wherever you point the bone.

What's the possibility of having the cannons able to rotate on an axle?

A quick footnote: Here's a four-step sequence. The Chin Turret is 'Translated to" the main body of the UAV. Each of the two Muzzle Flashes are 'Translated to' the Chin Turret. In addition, you need to give each Muzzle Flash an additional constraint: Orient Like. If you don't, the flashes will move with the guns allright, but will continue to point in the direction they were initially set...in this case, facing forward.

GUNS_TRACKING.jpg

Hey everybody! Here's some screenshots from some of the greenscreening test footage. The ship is the Osprey model included in A:M. The distant pair of Star Destroyers are the ones I'd mentioned earlier. The starfield was done in A:M and composited with FXHome CompositeLab Pro. The pilot is a good filmmaking buddy of mine.

Brad_Front1.jpg

Brad_Side1.jpg

Osprey00.jpg

That's awesome! Have you started filming then? I'll have some models for you very soon, but I have an important project for school that will take the better part of two weeks. I will work on your project whenever I get the time.

• 1 month later...

Well, sorry it's been a while, I'm about halfway on the modeling. I don't have a rendered pic yet, but it's looking better from the last time I posted. I don't think I'll have time to build other models for this project. Sorry.

Well, sorry it's been a while, I'm about halfway on the modeling. I don't have a rendered pic yet, but it's looking better from the last time I posted. I don't think I'll have time to build other models for this project. Sorry.

No problem, Darkwing! I really appreciate your work on this. I've been playing with the X-Wing Jeetman provided in meantime. Can't wait to see the A-Wing!

Thanks again :)