Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Dino Animation from OBJ

This is a quick animation for something I am trying. It is rigged and animated real quick and dirty. I just wanted to see how it worked. I built this model in another app and imported to a:m as obj. It came in well and had all the texture and bumb maps intact. I rigged it, animated it, and rendered it in a:m. I wont say which app I used because we arent supposed to talk about competitors, but any app that can output obj can be used. It is kind of high poly because the model was subdivided but a low poly version would have worked just as well as it is going to splines. I don't know what use it is but I just feel like exploring other things I can do with a:m.

attached is a still render and an animation.

post-1974-1176698465_thumb.jpg

dinoam.mov

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow! That has imported really well, Dennis!

Interesting how the CP, where there appears to be 5 intersecting splines, doesn't appear to be causing any problems. I would have expected a crease. Any chance of a closeup of that area? ;)

With a bit of tweaking of the geometry, to make the features stand out, and some weighting to the skin on his haunches this could be a great little model. Add some dragon wings, and a mouth, and have some real fun! :)

Attached is a movie of 5 intersecting splines.

Also another model imported obj. This one has too many patches to really do anything with. The lower poly model before subdividing didnt import well. Probably if I spent more time modeling as a low poly model it would import better. But the tutorial was for a subdivided model. I need tutorials for low poly models.

dino5oint.mov

post-1974-1176914179_thumb.jpg