Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Church

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like it's going to be good! Are you doing bevels?

Well as far as bevels.... Some corners are but most are not. It will be rendered with toon so many edges would be lost. I guess I should have said it was toon.

This is looking very nice indeed!

I'm a little puzzled by your choice of splining above the arches that you have marked out on those two protruding extensions. It looks like you have chosen to use a 3 point patch next to a five point patch instead of using the more reliable and friendly combination of two four point patches.

Are you beveling the corners? Just pinching the bias of the splines will create a corner that is too sharp and too perfect. Doubling up splines at the corners will give you a more natural join between two sufaces. Of course it does depend on the look that you're after.

Please update this thread with your progress. It looks like it will be a very good model! :)

This is looking very nice indeed!

I'm a little puzzled by your choice of splining above the arches that you have marked out on those two protruding extensions. It looks like you have chosen to use a 3 point patch next to a five point patch instead of using the more reliable and friendly combination of two four point patches.

:unsure: Well if I remember right, there are no 5pt patches in the entire model. 3 and 4, but no 5. :D

was there a different picture earlier today... because i thought i saw a different one in toon render... maybe i was seeing things though...

I did another scene for work. Its in another post. I think thats what your thinking of. Actually its the inside of this.