Hash, Inc. Forums

sound problem

I rendered a 1200x .mov file with sorenson 3 @ 746x420 with sound and when I played it back the sound was distorted like it was playing at half speed.

Can anyone tell me why

When I tried to render it with animation compression I recieved an error at every frame

I can't help you with the technical aspect of this question, but just wanted to ask could you possibly composite your audio and animation in a different software package? Since you've used the audio as a "guide track" already in Animation Master, all you now need to do is render the animation, and then composite it with your audio file, assuming that the audio file and animation both start at the same time. If not, simply note the beginning time of the audio and sync that with the start of your animation. Any editing software should easily be able to do this for you. I-movie, Vegas, Premerie, Final Cut, After Effects... if you have access to any of these it'll do the job. Keep all your render settings at "no compression" and you won't lose any quality.

Was the sound file a converted file from MIDI to wav?

It was originally from DAT then to cd then to .wav

I can't help you with the technical aspect of this question, but just wanted to ask could you possibly composite your audio and animation in a different software package? Since you've used the audio as a "guide track" already in Animation Master, all you now need to do is render the animation, and then composite it with your audio file, assuming that the audio file and animation both start at the same time. If not, simply note the beginning time of the audio and sync that with the start of your animation. Any editing software should easily be able to do this for you. I-movie, Vegas, Premerie, Final Cut, After Effects... if you have access to any of these it'll do the job. Keep all your render settings at "no compression" and you won't lose any quality.

Thanks I knew I could go to Premier or Final Cut to fix it but wondered why it wouldn't work in AM too

I only had one sound problem with A:M and it was when i created a musical number in MIDI then converted it to wav. Everytime I play the rendered sequence back the sound gets progressively out of sync. Had no problem with sounds converted from MP3 or wma.

Restart your program, delete the sound file then import it again, render it & see if that solves the problem.