Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Centaur WIP

Ok yesterday i started a project...I decided to model a centaur, now remember these pictures are after only 2 days of work. I still need to re-shape the horse section of him, it looks kinda boxy. But anyway just wanted to see what people think so far.

-dude

post-9147-1153771660_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1153771822_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1153771886_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1153772041_thumb.jpg

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive gotten a little work in . I've added hands, and made him taller. I also fixed the horse end of him, I had to change a lot of things, like bring the legs loser in to the body, curving the back, bringing the chest out, and shaping the legs. But its looking better

post-9147-1153971979_thumb.jpg

post-9147-1153972031_thumb.jpg

hey nice the taller one looks alot better and more changes as i can see anyway nice dude A.K.A whiz keep us posted

your pal darter

hey nice the taller one looks alot better and more changes as i can see anyway nice dude A.K.A whiz keep us posted

your pal darter

what the anyway board is acting wierd hmmmm

Centaurs are so cool! They're one of my favorite mythological creatures, but that's not saying very much because nearly every mythological creature is one of my favorites. Anyway, yours is extremely cool. Good job, and I can't wait to see more.

Another friend,

-Always

WOW! The 2 centaurs have a LOT of similarities. I truthfuly have never seen that picture before. I would really like to get the horse texture like you did, how did you do it?

-dude

i'm not happy that his front legs aren't in line vertically with his torso... he looks like he's leaning forward.

it is, however a great model!

here's my take on a centaur from loooong ago, but when etri gets updated, she'll have a larger, bulkier equine half: http://www.hash.com/imagecontest/August00g...y/jondarkly.jpg

-jon

He could be talking about the view from the side. The legs on your centaur are slighlty behind the torso, and he thinks they should be in line. Here is a picture that I found online. I drew the pink area to show about where the leg is in relation to the torso.

What you have: [attachmentid=18845]

What I think he wants: [attachmentid=18844]

post-9289-1154105613_thumb.jpg

post-9289-1154105629_thumb.jpg

aside from all of the unnatural attention to his butt, i would mass him up a bit.

he also looks a little swaybacked... that is, the equine spine bows down in the middle.

it all really depends on how realistic you want the model to be, and ultimately... whatever looks good to you.

-jon

That's better but at first he looked...a bit...I don't want to be rude or anything...but at first he looked a bit more like a cow. Then after staring at him, he looks a lot better. It might be the belly, I'm not sure. The look is all up to you, though. Anyway, everything looks great.

-Always