Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Promotional image

I've started work on an image that will be used to help promote my work in the CG and artistry realm.

This image will mainly be used on my business cards, as well as a background for the business website, but I hope it to also be so good that I can print it off in large sizes.

I thought I would share the various stages the image goes through as I create each part of it.

Today's work entitled finishing off the suimsuit the female model will be wearing, and starting work on the background element, for now being a parking lot eventually with some kind of photographic background behind it.

Some of you may recal the car model I was working on months ago. Here it is again with some minor fixes thanks to what I have learned since then.

No muscle adjustments have been made as of yet.

post-6951-1151302063_thumb.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeegads... That sky so needed some fixing. Now I believe it to look more realistic.

Also added some worn down parking stall lines to give it that used parking lot feel.

And a car just doesn't look good unless reflections are turned on...

Hmm... I really need to figure out how to get that skin texture to wrap around her rather then look like it's a decal thats pasted on. Only thing is I've tried Cylindrical and Spherical mapping using Enviornmental and Projection mapping, and nothing has looked good at all.

The only idea I can come up with is to create a grouping for the sides of her, then rotate the material.

post-6951-1151339458_thumb.jpg

Composition is excellent... my only comment is that I would make the tires wider on the car and give them a more 'sporty' tread design.

This is just my take on it as it resembles a Lamborghini Diablo. The Diablo has tires about 1.5 to 2 times the width of yours.

I think it would really make the car stand out better.

I put up a tutorial on tire tread modeling a while back. Here's a direct link.

Let me know if you need help with that part... (e-mail or PM is fine)

Hah!

I designed this car to be Diablo-esque! Glad that it did show through.

I will be doing some more alterations to the car as one can see right the treads through the holes in the hubs.

Making the tires wider does make sence. Extra sability.

Thanks for the idea!

As for the tread pattern what I was thinking was using v.13's displacement to create that when my upgrade arrives. Assuming it arrives within the next week. :P

Previous with Shadows:

[attachmentid=17734]

Current look of the girl:

[attachmentid=17735]

Not totally happy with her legs yet, and that arm going behind her head looks like it still needs some fixing at the elbow.

Her swimsuit also needs to be fitted to her shoulders more.

post-6951-1151385067_thumb.jpg

post-6951-1151385080_thumb.jpg

I think the problem with the girls elbow is that it is pointed at the camera, it is hard to tell what you are looking at when you see the elbow at that angle, it would look better if either the camera moved or the girl moves.

If you check this other thread... I already did an experiment with displacement tire treads.

It works pretty well, but I don't think it will look as good as modeling the treads for large still images. (Just my opinion)

But choose what works for you... again, give a shout if you need help with either technique.

Cheers!

Easier to move the arm. :P

So the displacement gets a little touchy... Alrighty, I'll model the treads then in the mean time, and try the displacement for the heck of it when the upgrade arrives.

[attachmentid=17762]

I figure it would be a windy day, so that's why she's got her arm up, keeping her hair out of her face.

That new arm position works pretty well. Though I should tweek her hand some more. Keeping the thick of it away.

post-6951-1151469041_thumb.jpg

Allrighty... Arm moved, hair adjusted for the new movement, skin adjusted as well...

Then worked on the tires of the car, blocking off the ability to see right to the treads through the wheel hubs, and widening them as suggested.

Then used MMZ_TimeLord's tutorial to make the tire treads after finding a *GREAT* Diablo tire reference.

Only had to alter it a tad to fit, namely adding the pivot point of the two sizes of tires, and changing the rotation angle to 5 degrees, and the number of copies to match (72).

And now they look AWESOME.

Thanks for tossing the tutorial my way TimeLord!

I personally feel this part of the image is done.

Now I just need to find a suitable location, and take some photos!

Then work my Photoshop Magic!

post-6951-1151567428_thumb.jpg

Did some 360 degree photographing thursday, and projection mapped it after stitching it together.

I think I'll need to take another photo set because the sun wasn't during the whole shoot.

Adjusted the lighting to match what I have at least. Will probably need to do so again for the new 360 shot.

It's all coming together well.

post-6951-1151724218_thumb.jpg

Alright, I re-took that 360 degree photo on saturday, and bought a few things to help me get a more accurate measurements of the angles of the sun in the sky for light matching, re-matched the main light, and added a few more fill lights to create some reflected light on the girl.

Then I added a guardrail to the back end of the parking lot, since it would seem very silly for a curb to be the only thing keeping cars from going over the edge of the hill.

Also added some oil stains and crack patching to help the old parking lot feel.

So, I think that this is now ready for a final render.

At least I don't notice anything glaring that requires any more attention...

And answering the questions for Viper GTX2.0:

Body properties:

Color= Whatever you want

Specular Color= white

Specular Size= 40%

Specular Intensity= 1000%

Reflectivity= 50%

Rim properties:

Color= 128,128,128

Specular Color= white

Specular Size= 100%

Reflectivity= 75%

post-6951-1151879802_thumb.jpg

Alright, I re-took that 360 degree photo on saturday, and bought a few things to help me get a more accurate measurements of the angles of the sun in the sky for light matching, re-matched the main light, and added a few more fill lights to create some reflected light on the girl.

Then I added a guardrail to the back end of the parking lot, since it would seem very silly for a curb to be the only thing keeping cars from going over the edge of the hill.

Also added some oil stains and crack patching to help the old parking lot feel.

So, I think that this is now ready for a final render.

At least I don't notice anything glaring that requires any more attention...

And answering the questions for Viper GTX2.0:

Body properties:

Color= Whatever you want

Specular Color= white

Specular Size= 40%

Reflectivity= 50%

Rim properties:

Color= 128,128,128

Specular Color= white

Specular Size= 100%

Reflectivity= 75%

THX a lot dude. this will help me on my car project making a viper.

THX a lot dude. this will help me on my car project making a viper.

No problem.

And as for that oil stain:

[attachmentid=17890]

Also decided her skin didn't look too healthy with that dark of a "tan", so lightend it up and gave it a bit more of a specularity.

post-6951-1151890562_thumb.jpg