sprockets Hans Donuts Featured USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Walk to Water

I made this a couple of days ago just to try out pose-to-pose animation for the first time. It was a kinda messy attempt, but I learned some from it and hope to use the experience in my next attempts.

I'm mainly looking for suggestions/critiques but comments are always nice too.

Oh, and its rather rough too... I was just trying to catch the broad motions.

Thanks!,

--Ross

wtw3.mov

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

A fine experiment! Yes, this is the sort of compound motion that doesn't lend itself to "actions". So pose-to-pose is the way to go.

One thing that kept grabbing my eye was the way the toes jitter. I'm guessing that this rig doesn't really have a good way to lift the heel while leaving the toe in place?

Yeah, the toes do jitter... The rig doesn't have a great way to lift the heel and leave the toes in place it seems. I'm guessing the bobbing of the toes could mostly be fixed in the curves editor? I was just doing this as a quick really rough animation, but I'll check out stopping those toes from jittering tomorrow. Now that you pointed out my mistake I have a hard time ignoring it when watching the clip :)

Thanks Robert!

--Ross

Ross,

I don't know if you are interested or not, but here is a version of the Yellow character with a heel raising rig. I did this as a test of applying a rig that Mark Skodacek devised for heel raising. You are welcome to use, ignore or just study it. Hope it helps.

Cute animation by the way.

Scott

YellowDude_HeelRaise.zip

Thanks David! Yeah, the character came from Jeff Lew's website... there's a downloadable content section where you can download two of the characters that he uses on the dvd. I just took the antennas off his 'Yellow Dude' character.

Thanks Scott for the heel raising rig! I've downloaded it, and will definately check it out in a couple of hours when I have free time.

Attached is a quick run at getting rid of the toe jitter.

Thanks again everyone,

--Ross

wtw3.mov