Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Sully

Well, I figured that since my Yeti character was based on him and my goal with some of the shader work I've been doing (samples coming soon...) has been to get as close as possible to the monsters inc hair AND since I haven't done much modeling lately I decided to model Sully from Monsters Inc. He still needs some color and, most importantly, a whole heck of a lot of hair, and his hands and feet were taken from the Yeti and could use some work also but here's what I've got so far...

Let me know what you think.

Kevin

p.s. has anyone else run into those weird black artifacts with ambient occlusion? If not I'll submit a report.

sully.mov

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldnt play the video.. didnt have the codec and said the quicktime server didnt either ???

but to answer your question about the Ambient Occlusion. Yes I've seen it in almost every render I've done with it. I'm not sure what causes it either.. seems to be related to hooks maybe ?

C

I couldnt play the video.. didnt have the codec and said the quicktime server didnt either ???

Strange, it's just an mpeg4 created with quicktime pro...anyone else having problems?

that looks close, but I bet you have to thin him out after you add hair.

Thanks Robcat, we'll see about the thinning out, I got some pretty good reference off the monsters inc extra's dvd. The models they showed were pretty fat to begin with...

• Hash Fellow

If you can duplicate the look of Sully's hair then Martin can say A:M's renderer is as good as what Pixar had for their first four movies and not just the first three.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

If you can duplicate the look of Sully's hair then Martin can say A:M's renderer is as good as what Pixar had for their first four movies and not just the first three.

Go, Kevin! I want to include that 4th movie...

I'm on it sir ...

Anyway, here's a Sorenson3 version of the turn for those who couldn't view the Mpeg4:

Very nice. I agree, you'll probably have to thin him out when you add hair. Right now, it looks like a young John Goodman :) AO...this is a ver13 feature?

Cory

in what way did you render? iv always wanted my renders to turn out that way but they never do?

It's really easy if you have version 13...

Ambiance Occlusion

I think for this I used 1 light (sun) at 30% and the rest was AO at 70%...

Just noticed the black artifacts on his body. What's causing that?

A bug apparently. Hopefully it gets fixed soon. Several other people have had the same problem...