Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lego mania

hey all

im kind of puting my Jumpsuit dave project to the side until my writer/storyboard partner finishes on his end

so im starting something new, and what could be easier to do than a movie with legos.

started making chracters and bricks for peices

made this test render shot to see how it would like as far as still maybe for a poster not sure yet.

this guy is just generic guy i can make any decal i want on him and save him as a diffrent chracter

(god i love legos!!)

ill be working on this alot more since i dont have to wait for anyone to finish this tell me what you think so far.

lego_man_test_render0.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The character looks great! Excellent detail and the best thing is it is easy to rig!

The bricks don't look quite right though. Either the cylinders are too tall or too big in diameter, but they just don't look correct.

Great start!

Scott

ty

im getting good at calculations

and this only took 34 mins to my surpise

right now im decaling and rebuilding the lego blocks

quick question

if i were to put the word lego on all the blocks cylinders how would i go about doing that, well the easiest way,

and part 2 is would i get in trouble for doing it. only place that it would likely be seen is on this forum and on my website.

ty

im getting good at calculations

and this only took 34 mins to my surpise

right now im decaling and rebuilding the lego blocks

quick question

if i were to put the word lego on all the blocks cylinders how would i go about doing that, well the easiest way,

and part 2 is would i get in trouble for doing it. only place that it would likely be seen is on this forum and on my website.

Looking great. Can't wait to see the 'improved' blocks.

Are you asking about copyright infringement? Lego is a registered trademark. This forum is not a private forum, anyone can access it but only the members can post in it. If your website is accessable to the public then...

Is there a possibility that Lego will object to you using their name? Yes. Is it probable? I don't think so. But you have to make that choice.

Is there a possibility that Lego will object to you using their name? Yes. Is it probable? I don't think so. But you have to make that choice.
you should change the name from LEGO to LECO! IT'S ALMOST EXACTLY ALIKE!! I'M A GENIOUS! lol. :P but, i dont think they'd care. They normally like the added publicity anywhere they can get it.

ok i made new blocks to go with lego guys

i actually got out my blocks and mesured them

so they should be exacte i guess

as far as the trademark thing ill just leave them blank if they ask ill call them mondo blocks or something

i still got to finsh the decaling which shoulding be too hard

also i am having trouble with the rigging part if

someone could take a look at what i did with it so far and tell me what i have to add

i would apprciate it much

legoman_with_new_blocks0.jpg

generic_lego_man.zip