Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Drowning Segment

ddustin

Here is a link to a clip for a case I'm working on.

This truck driver was pinned in his truck and drown in the process.

The pathologist indicated he lived 30 - 60 seconds.

Bubbles are all sprites with negative values for gravity

The clip is 55 seconds and 10 Mb.

I was at a loss as to what to have the poor fellow do for 55 seconds.

Drowning Clip

David

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great David. That only recommendations from me would be to make him more frantic, he seems a bit too relaxed for the horrible situation he is in. Also at the and where he's loosing consciousness I would say to make the arms float around since he's underwater. Very nice work good job on the bubbles.

David - nice work! I can appreciate your having to fill 55 seconds. Does the cab need to fill with water so quickly? Were the windows open? I also agree with Pixar's comments.

Just a few devil's advocate questions. I think the sequence is clear and, having done litigation graphics myself, persuasive.

Gerry

I think the first thing I would have done if I were him would be to unfasten the seatbelt and try to open the door. Of course, I can't really say for sure because I have never been in a similar situation. Just something to consider. I agree with Pixar that he does look pretty relaxed.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I agree he should have been more frantic, but have struggled with how to achieve that.

An expert indicated the cab would have flooded from 1/2 to 1 second.

The side windows were intact.

The only reason we can surmise as to why he didn't unbelt himself was because he was pinned with the steering wheel and the dash (firewall actually had to be pulled away by a crane to extricate him). His right leg had a compound fracture as a result of the firewall. it occupied his focus I would think.

I think the portion where he's hitting the steering wheel needs some improvement.

My client has yet to review this so when they do, I'll let them tell me if they want changes.

If you have suggestions on what else I can have him do, let me know.

I plan on having his arms float more, if I need to make any more revisions.

David

I agree he should have been more frantic, but have struggled with how to achieve that.

The poses you have are fine, just change the timing on some of them. Like the head turning, move the keyframes closes together and you should get a more frantic fealing. Of course it's not that easy, I think you just have to tweak the timing though.

for someone to drown within 55-60 second they have to be in panic mode

meaning alot of movements spordic at times.

normal person can hold their breath from 2-6 mins

but when someone is panicing, that time is cut in half

it didnt seem like he banged on the glass very hard to look like he was trying to get out

for someone to drown within 55-60 second they have to be in panic mode

meaning alot of movements spordic at times.

normal person can hold their breath from 2-6 mins

but when someone is panicing, that time is cut in half

it didnt seem like he banged on the glass very hard to look like he was trying to get out

He had 2 broken ribs, so his air supply would have been compromised.

The pathologist (phd something... something...) gave me the time frame .

Hitting glass (anything actually) underwater is difficult because of the drag from the water.

I asked my client if they wanted me to make him more frantic, and they indicated they would use it as it was.

They may change their minds if the case goes before a jury (most times these things are settled in mediation or before).

Thanks for the constructive criticisms, that's what I was looking for (otherwise I wouldn't have posted it).

David