Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Clone Trooper Helmet

Here is a model I did a while ago and never got around to rendering it out. Thanks for who ever posted the keychain project, can't remember the name right now. It took 5 hours total for the model and about 657 patches. Comments welcome.

Chad

if anyone would like this model, let me know and I will get it packaged up in a zip for download.

post-8-1125002396.jpg

I know, I just threw it up. I applied that map using a project map material. I forgot to recheck it after. I have been tied up with the FarStar project so I can not spend to much time on these things. I did it for fun and to break up things from working on one model for months at a time.

I am so impressed by the quality of the renders that are being produced with radiosity - amazing stuff.

I love the reflections and the feel you have going there.

Some thoughts: - I would think the "stress material texture" you have on the helmet should be a bit more deliberate. The stress marks should indicate a believable pattern of wear & dirt accumulation. It seems a bit too random now. And some areas are too "stretched". It doesn't tell me "how" it got banged up, why its "dinged & nicked" - you know need some laser residual burns, grime around joints, pizza stains :lol: , etc. The dirt should tell a story.

I might also crop it closer to the subject, for higher compositional impact - tho it's a personal perference.

And I repeat, the image has a wonderful feel.

• 2 months later...

hello,

Hey chad awsome work there!!!! i've being trying to get that effect with the materials but i just dont seem to get it right can you tell what kind of material you used or how to make it right? or what kind of texture did you use...

tankx,

JuLy

thanks! i used basic AM materials for the color, for the damage marks, I used a black and white map in a projection map material and just set the bump and created another projection map with the same picture and set it as transparancy then another atrubute for the under lying color. thats it.

I just wish that the projection maps did not create those streching effects!

• 18 years later...
  • Admin

I must not have as I would have posted it here.  

The good news is that the helmet doesn't look overly complicated so I'm confident you can model it.  :)

Apparently back in 2016 I modeled the following head/helmet which isn't too far away from the Storm Trooper style.

I have no idea where that model would be however.

(Bit o trivia:  Motion Monster was a temporary fork of the 2D Opentoonz program that was used for testing experimental code... created by a guy named Jeremy Bullock which interestingly enough is NOT the actor that played BobaFett in Starwars but does share his name)

superzuit.gif

• Rodney changed the title to Clone Trooper Helmet
  • Admin

Here's a fun experiment.

A Clone Trooper helmet created via AI generation... text prompt to 3D model... output to OBJ format.

Brought into A:M as a prop object.

Here's a link to the original result prior to refinement (on LumaAI):  https://lumalabs.ai/genie?one=3a206fdc-7ec1-41ba-8a75-99aaba7a709d&two=d348c729-2e62-4efa-8561-49382fdcd49a&three=1f7d8eb8-f392-4579-9f3a-a4b57478dce1&four=e368e03d-ac93-4fa6-bb7d-cb4b29a28962&view=one&metalness=0&roughness=0.95&color=255%2C255%2C255

clonetrooperA.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2023 at 2:11 PM, Rodney said:

Here's a fun experiment.

A Clone Trooper helmet created via AI generation... text prompt to 3D model... output to OBJ format.

Brought into A:M as a prop object.

Here's a link to the original result prior to refinement (on LumaAI):  https://lumalabs.ai/genie?one=3a206fdc-7ec1-41ba-8a75-99aaba7a709d&two=d348c729-2e62-4efa-8561-49382fdcd49a&three=1f7d8eb8-f392-4579-9f3a-a4b57478dce1&four=e368e03d-ac93-4fa6-bb7d-cb4b29a28962&view=one&metalness=0&roughness=0.95&color=255%2C255%2C255

clonetrooperA.gif

hey Rodney thanks again for this.For some reason when i make helmets in Hash I always run into a smooth problem threy always come out cracked looking or not smooth. What can I do........