Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New "lil' girl" Character WIP

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the comments guys, much appreciated! Keep an eye on this thread, because I plan on rigging her, and doing animation tests on her within the next couple of days or so, and the positive/constructive feedback just keeps motivating me even more.

Word- -N

Very nice.

Turning her head may require some fan bone type solution and enough geometry to support it, though.  Although, not turning the head much at all may be a neat looking style choice.

Thanks, Dearmad... Yeah, there's going to be A LOT of fan bones in her rig, as well as a custom rig that I'm building for her dress/skirt.

------

<Newbert_Zero>"even though you were going for the flat head look (at least i think you are) I think its a little too flat. I think it would look better if you could see a chin."

To respond to your comment Newbert_Zero, yes I am going for the "flat head" look, but I feel that adding a chin would take away from the flow of the sillouette of the character. Thanks for the thought though. :lol:

<Kamikaze>" Fits very well with todays cartoon look....I see it working well on the nick...toons networks....Smile very nice"

Thanks Michael, that's actually the look that I hoped to achieve, I'm glad that right on track! :)

To all..

I've attached another WIP image, this time with her dress lengthened. I think it adds a lot more balance and appeal to her design, and overall sillouette. Oh, and don't worry, I'm not going to use ClothSim (I don't have yet, anyway-but plan to buy it sometime in the near future). Victor (Navone) had a great suggestion that I save myself the render time and headaches and just rig the dress to "flex and bend" as she does. Plus, I think it will give me more control on my overlapping and secondary animation with the skirt. Now, back to work on the rig!! Thanks again guys...keep 'em coming...

Word- -N

post-7-1113588255.jpg