sprockets TinkeringGnome's Atomic Rings PRJ 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Boy Model

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks sort of like an arch but they should really look something like this-I think. I can also give you the model-just say the word and you got it. ;)

Hey vash, sorry it took so long to get back. Thanks for the help, I'll take anything I can get to get better. Will that work better for motion? Thanks for your help

Hi David;

Just a couple of observations on your last model -

The transition between the seat of the pants and the legs looks a little "off". The blend might look better if it were smoother. The "bulge" appears to be a bit too pronounced. Put on a pair of jeans and look at yourself in the mirror (boy... did I set myself up on that comment). Could you provide a 3/4 view to the rear? He doesn't look like he has any butt. Perhaps round out his seat a bit?

Keep at it.

Bill

Agree with what has been said, and I too think the feet are too small. Look down at your own and check the proportions - unless that is by design of course.

I do think you have too much splinage especially in the legs, I go in and remove every other one, making sure you have 3 for the knee area.

Open up some of the AM models and look at the legs, a good way to learn.

Tom

Sorry about the large package

Its not "wrong" or anything. I think that it might look more "average" if you blended the legs of the pants into the (what do you call the part of pants that are not the legs). You have a distinct cut between the two shapes. I, personally, am working on some clothing for a currently naked model. The construction technique that I am using, which is showing some promise, is to model the item is it is put together in the factory. I took a razorblade to a pair of tennis shorts I had laying around and disassembled them. The important part for me was seeing where the heavy seams are and using them as foundations. An example is the relatively sharp crotch seam in a pair if shorts. Its not a nice arch. It comes to a pretty sharp point (where the two inseams meet underneath) unless you are more pear shaped, as I am, and the fabric has stretched.

Clothing and the human shape are SO difficult as they are so familiar to us that we pick up on the smallest mistakes.

Pep talk over! Back to work!

:D

Ok here are the changes. However, I am going to be using sonofpat's rigging and so I think I have to go back to the way I had the leg transition to the hips. Vash thanks for the suggestion on the hips and I'm sure for a normal rig it would work better, but for sonofpat's rigging it won't work. Keep the suggestions comming.

I made the feet bigger and I still think they are a little funny looking. I'll have to fix that.

post-7-1107298246.jpg

Sorry about the large package

Its not "wrong" or anything. I think that it might look more "average" if you blended the legs of the pants into the (what do you call the part of pants that are not the legs). You have a distinct cut between the two shapes. I, personally, am working on some clothing for a currently naked model. The construction technique that I am using, which is showing some promise, is to model the item is it is put together in the factory. I took a razorblade to a pair of tennis shorts I had laying around and disassembled them. The important part for me was seeing where the heavy seams are and using them as foundations. An example is the relatively sharp crotch seam in a pair if shorts. Its not a nice arch. It comes to a pretty sharp point (where the two inseams meet underneath) unless you are more pear shaped, as I am, and the fabric has stretched.

Clothing and the human shape are SO difficult as they are so familiar to us that we pick up on the smallest mistakes.

Pep talk over! Back to work!

:D

Thanks for the advice I'll keep working.