Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

first character WIP

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like you made those eyes by hand...that's fine, but here's how I do mine:

-set the lathe cross sections to 12 (tools>options>Modeling>the box that has lathe cross sections)

- lathe a diagnal line

- delete the top points of the "cone"

-rotate the remaining points on the X axis 90 degrees

-Delete half of the circle, and break the middle spline

- copy the half that is left

- bring the bottom spline up the y axis a grid square and away from the y axis line a grid square..peak the point

- lathe the circle to get the beginning of your eye

- close the circle that is open lol

- remember the half of the circle you copied? Paste it

-move it down y axis

-lathe

-scale the sphere bigger and move it up until the eyeball is inside, what this will be called, the cornea...

-set the outer most sphere to 90 percent transparency

- and make the iris a color :)

The simplest way to make a poseable eye

other than the eyes, it looks great for a start! Be sure to post up your progress

no the color was blue... i fixed that now though (moved the cornea over and then grouped the white of the eye. so i'm going to make the rest of the body now but i still need to know how to make that... oh and do you think i should make some hair coming out of his hat?

update: instead of doing the "hat" i am going to be doing a sort of hair, i can't really figure out hair emitters so i'm going to be just doing it with splines by hand... it will be something like this (not blue, and will add more pieces to the center of the head.)

post-7-1105226322.png

Okay... my suggestions:

If you make the hair by a emitter or by splines is just a question of your style.

The body itself could be modelled by a spline, which will be rotated (lathe) round an achses. Just try it out and you will see, what is happening... That is quite easy and effective. You should set the amount of CPs a CP-circle will have, as you want to... u did it before when you did the eye.... (set it under options)

In my opinion, the beard shouldnt be connected to the head as you did....

You can make a hair-emitter for it, or you just make a cone and just move it near the

chin.

*Fuchur*

He looks a lot better than the start...always save after every single action you take..it's a good habit. Anyways, the eyelids added a lot. I suggest making at least ear grooves. you can do this by either pulling in CP's, remaking the eye by lathing an ear profile shape, using magnet mode to shape a new ear, or just paint a bump map with grooves for the ear :) Good luck with the rest of it

Yep looks better, keep it up. One thing I notice is the cigarette is sticking up at an odd angle. I know it's early and you are probably concentrating on other things - or maybe it's supposed to be that way because he is looking up and clenching down on it?

At any rate, train yourself early to pay attention to every little detail, and things you do will be that much better! :)

Tom

I like this guy, one thougt ith his cartoony apearance don't be afraid to float his eyebrows off the face surface and hover them just over his eye, it would make them more expressive without worryin about clipping in poses.