Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

A pic from my poem project

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andy very nice scene.... the roses are well done....

just something I notice....... I am not sure where the main source of light is coming from cuz I see no shadows being cast from the roses unto the grass below.....

Now this might be a sunlight u used..... but for the depth of the grass shouldn't things get a bit darker as it gets more into the bottum of the bush.....

thats just some things that caught my eyes... but if this is the look ur after then good job..

Hi apprentice :

Nice scene and composition, just an observation, where is the thorns ??

but.. your poems can tell us about thornless roses .. who knows ??

keep us update ..

Peace

Xtaz

Hi, thank you all for your crits and comments. I appreciate them very much :)

Luckbat : I think it's because the bugs are red so they stand out more than the grass. I toned down the red a bit. Thanks for your suggestion.

Darklimit: Thanks for pointing the shadow thing. The shadows weren't dark enough. I darkened the shadows a bit. I tried stronger shadows but didn't like the look for this particular scene. Thanks again for the tip. Btw I love your works.

Xtaz: Ah...good eye! Good eye! Well, actually those aren't roses. I just wanted the flowers to look that way so I picked a bit from rose, bit from tulip and bit from a flower I saw in a garden.

Rodney: Thanks Rodney, you really motivated me.

Thierry: Thanks, I was trying to achieve that romantic thingie :)

So this is the new pic with fixes from your suggestions. Do you think it is better or worse? I've been staring at this scene for so long I can't tell much difference between the two now. Please help.

010305b.jpg

Aaah. I remember this picture from a while ago. Before you used to have a flower in the foreground right? I think what you did with the leaves and ladybugs instead turned out great. My goodness. Stunning. Lots of detail down to the wheat-grass. Amazing. Its got almost a surreal look to it. Great picture! :D

-Robert Lazzarini

Hi Xade :) you're right, it was the pic with the big red flower in front. Thanks to you guys for the suggestion to put some greens instead. Oh wow, thanks for your nice comments. I'm really getting excited!

Hi Wegg :) *gasp* the Eggington boss! Wow...thanks for your comment, really appreciate it. I'm glad that you noticed the un-CG like thing, I was trying exactly to do that. Sorry, that is the only render I have at this moment. That pic took around 1.5 hour to render on P4 1.5, 640 RAM. I'm still saving up to buy new machine :P

• 3 weeks later...