what do u think?

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This seems very nice to me.

What aspect do you think requires further crit? I mean seriously... it's a paintbrush man. I can see that. It has decent bevelling (or appears to), and the wood texture isn't overly "ringy." The colors to it are also pleasingly balanced. I say move on and put together the rest of the logo.

For all intents and purposes, this IS the logo. I advertise in the yellow pages and i wanted an image that popped out. I needed to be able to insert it into proposals, bills and letterheads as well. Thank you for your response and your advice to "move on" i suppose posting the image indicates an unwillingness to do just that but the truth is i just wanted reassurance (im a child at heart).

• Admin
What aspect do you think requires further crit? I mean seriously... it's a paintbrush man. I can see that.

Yep... that is a paintbrush. :)

Rump,

I have to say that is the best looking 3D paintbrush I've seen to date.

Would you care to post a wireframe view?

• Hash Fellow

I agree, it's a fine looking image.

But I haven't seen any yellow pages printing that will do it justice. "Logos" are rarely photorealistic because they need to survive almost any printing process and expecially need to survive conversion to B&W.

Color yellow page ads are expensive, too.

Successful logos also tend to be very simple in design. I can't think of a successful one that isn't.

If you really need a logo, I'd go with something more "design" and less "photo."

You seem to have the art skills to do that, this might be the basis for developing something more graphic.

Excellent job for a new AM user! I am very impressed.

Don't be like me though! I have been using AM for years and in all that time I never completed the tutorials. Because of this I feel my life is a little empty and joyless... like something is missing... ;)

Looks great. Just a few suggestions:

Add a texture to the end of the bristles... just to blend it in. And a texture on the side of the handle. Not neccessary for your use but would complete the image.

Vernon "!" Zehr

Rump,

I have to say that is the best looking 3D painbrush I've seen to date.

Would you care to post a wireframe view?

Thank you Rodney and everyone who took the time to respond, its very motivating to hear feedback from people whose work is highly respected.

Post a wireframe- should i screencapture it or ...

The simple stuff eludes me

My only crit is that you appear to have applied a decal to the top only. The Bristle ends need another decal and I would also apply another mat to the brush side facing the viewer.

These are, of course, small details and my not actually show up in the final logo - but you might want to enlrage it into a signpost one day!

Cheers

You can actually change your remder to a wire frame render. Then post the completed render just as you did the original pic.

My comments on the original, My eye caught the discrepancies with the missing textures but didn't even register it. That bight red paint kept all my attention.

Looks great!

Wade