Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

MY FIRST EVER CHARACTER

HOORAH! I'VE ALMOST FINISHED MY FIRST EVER CHARACTER CREATED COMPLETELY BY ME! Surprising considering how long I've been modeling, eh? I never really tried to model any characters because I was scared. Now I am not! Tell me what you think, but try not to ruin my good mood too badly. He's a bank robber for a short my friend wanted me to make.

NOTE: It's kind of hard to see the bump map on his hood, (that has the lines like in a ski mask) but they're there and will be visible in close-ups (i hope). :)

post-8-1100567754.jpg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, i like him.

I can just imagine him bursting through the window of a bank. :D

Youv'e inspired me, i havent taken much time to create my own character from scratch yet, i've mainly been going through tutorials and the A:M 2002 Guide.

Nice Work :)

Edit -

Although i did make the one-eyed guy in my avatar. :D

Wow, i like him.

I can just imagine him bursting through the window of a bank. 

Youv'e inspired me, i havent taken much time to create my own character from scratch yet, i've mainly been going through tutorials and the A:M 2002 Guide.

Nice Work 

Thanks! I've inspired someone and come up with my own character that wasn't copying another movie made by George Lucas! :P

Good idea for a character. How soon before we can see him posed?

It'll be a couple days. I'm still rigging him and deciding what pose I should put him in. Maybe sneaking?

• Hash Fellow

That looks promising! It's so much more fun with your own character.

Since he's almost all the same color you'll want to be careful to not make poses that leave the arms between the body and the camera.

To animation... and beyond!

this guy definetely has appeal. and this is a thing that does not depend on it's complexity, realism, texturing or what so ever. i've seen 1000s of detailed figures without appeal. maybe you achieved this by accident, but hopefully not. keep that focus.