Mmmmm.... Candy Canes....

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You also might want to try adding a bump map.

Candy canes have a very subtle ribbing (kind of like corduroy, but not nearly as even) to them created by when they're extruded from the candy maker. They run lengthwise and twist slightly to follow the spiral.

Heck, If you want to wait a couple weeks, you can just go down to the market and buy one for like $0.50 and see what more you need to do to bring your model in line.

Just some suggestions, anyway.

• Hash Fellow

Nice Canes!

Since canes are extruded from a form, they probably have a little grain in the direction of the stripes. A bump map might get you that. And the red would always bleed a bit into the white. Something like this?

cane2.png

CCanesB.jpg

Thanks for the replies guys. This is my newest version, taking some of the comments used here into consideration.

robcat, that was a great texture you provided, but unfortunately, the way I modeled the candy cane, I couldn't really use it, but it makes a great reference image. But, yes, trying to make the extrusion lines in the cane will be a bit of a sticky wicket.

More feedback would be welcome.