Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Old Video Game Concept Models..

Hi guys - A few yrs ago me and a team was working on a video game for our portfolio.. The game is a first person shooter which did not get of the ground due to some problems with export between different programs amoung other things. But we were able to get some of the models into the engine.

I was responsible for the environment and the villans (bad guys) also for texturing the entire game..... I was going through my old stuff and I found some of the old games mods that I modeled in A:M back in 2001.....I thought I would share them with you.....

this shot is a basic model render of the mods, the very first concept of the mods.. From paper to 3D...

post-7-1096561192.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the first IN_GAME shot of the sample mods in action..... I was very surprise of the results we got, since I was new to A:M...... I did this after 3 weeks of buying A:M......

I am getting back into gaming now..... chances of this project being worked on again looks good, we are considering it......

comments/thoughts are welcome.....

post-7-1096561562.jpg

ah, brings back memories of an old first-person-chatter i was involved in back in '99. it went nowhere, of course. ' ' )

i think the texturing is the high point here, but all around good characters.

if that's a game engine in the last shot, it's spline based. do tell!

-jon

• Admin

These renders are a great example of how the Animation:Master Community was first introduced to a talented guy named "DarkLimit".

I remember thinking this guy really has some strange imagination and the talent to go with it.

Ah the memories! :)

Please keep posting DL!

WOW!! thanks alot for the fedback guys.....

Godfrey - That shot is from a custom engine one of our programmers created.... but we were working mostly with the quake engine, testing animation and effects.....

am excited to re-start this project now that I know more about A:M we will be able to get a half decent game....

post-7-1096606575.jpg

Godfrey - That shot is from a custom engine one of our programmers created.... but we were working mostly with the quake engine, testing animation and effects.....

Nifty. I'd love to see a comparison shot in the Quake engine; I presume it didn't keep the models as smoothly rounded as your custom one?

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...