Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

character for crits

This is a model I've been working on on/off since 2000 cd. I finally decided to post for some help. You may have seen him in a few things I've posted. He went under numerous changes through the years as I upgraded. He's all A:M, no decals. I do have a few things that bother me. (1) the eye brows are just splines drawn as lines. (2) I've tried modeling and decals with no success for the nostrals and the last thing is the bow on his tail. At some point I will break down and buy TSM, but I want to finish it before I rig him. I,ve had alot of inspiration. My house is an eeyore shrine. My wife loves him. So he's been my first model from the begining.

Crits are why I've posted so bring 'em on.

Sorry it's not an original character.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Looks like Eeyore to me!

My brain may be a bit too tired to extract the specific areas you are wanting critiques on so please forgive the areas I miss...

The Bow/Ribbon you should be able to model starting with a side view.

Imagine a figure 8 drawn from side view. Extrude a few times to add depth and alter to taste... somewhere in the forum and on the Hash side there are examples of Ribbons and Bows.

I think you might be able to just model the nostrils into Eeyore's nose.

I'd have to look at a pic of Eeyore but I imagine two basically flat torus models would do the deed.

... that's all my brain can process for now....

Rodney

These are the things that stuck out to me...

• His nose/snout feels just a hair too large...not much, but enough to feel "off"
  • His mouth also feels a bit big, partly due to the snout size issue, but also partly due to the angle. Looking at some Eeyore pics online, his mouth has more of a downward curve to it, where yours is more flat and leans more toward a horizontal orientation
  • The tail needs to be wider, thicker, and more "blocky," like it's cut out of thick cloth.
  • On a similar note, the head of the nail/tack holding his tail on needs to be a bit larger

Here's a pic I found that illustrates most of these items fairly clearly

http://members.lycos.nl/yoarra/color/coloring3/eeyore.gif

Other than that, it looks really good so far. Keep at it!