Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Porsche Carrera 4

Xtaz

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost there but my first impression was "It looks about 6 in. (150 mm) long". I think this is because the bias distortions (aka creases) cause the reflections of the car's surroundings to be distorted beyond what would be seen on full scale sheet metal.

I've tried to illustrate my opinion by circling the most obvious examples in the attach image. For newbie education (I'm well aware of your expertise) I've also added wireframes of what usually causes these distortions.

The roof line crease should be cured by lifting the central cp out of the small crater it's in.

The only exception to my "out-of-scale distortion" observation are the waves in the trailing end of the hood. These look like they could be in a real hood but I doubt the stamping process engineers at Porsche would agree with me. Once again I think these could be improved by making sure both bias handles are on the same side of their spline.

I have no idea what's happening to the reflection of the side view mirror but it sure looks peculiar.

Did you apply normal averaging (aka porcelain)? My opinion is that it's almost useless for smoothing sheet metal since it bloats trim lines and edges.

porsche_crease.jpg

Looks great.
Fuchur

Thx for your comment ...

Very nice work...

Hi Doug ..... thx .. i started friday and gone until yesterday .

It's almost there...
Master Rodger ....whatever you say I will hear .. :D

you are right... exists some points, which the bias mistakes are unquestionable.

I should return to the model only on the weekend, then I will make the due corrections, and I put for your appreciation again ... thank you very much ...

great model

Lets improve it Salami !!!! thx buddy

Thx all

Peace

Xtaz

Wow! Nice!

It's great! Nice use of materials and lights! I may sound like someone who finds mistakes where it doesn't matter, but i found the 'car show' ropes a little bit unreal. Actually I didn't notice any mistake in the car (newbie here hehe) but the scene surrounding the car looked a little bit... artificial. Nevertheless, congratulations! and keep it going!!

Hi hashers :

I forgot to mention, in the first model I used the material porcelain, I didn't know how it worked, now I noticed, it´s a bias aligner .... when I removed the material of the model, it continued with the modified bias, and this caused me an enormous headache, because I needed to repair practically all of the bias ...

as the Rodger said, use porcelain with metals is not a good idea, the secret is try to do a smooth model and with clean patches and forget the porcelain.

Well, I put it for your appreciation, the new "unporcelain" version...

as always, any comments are wellcome

Peace

Xtaz

porschecarrera4.jpg

Nice render, but a few things make it stand out like a sore thumb.

a ) Lighting

First and foremost is lighting. Even in the thumbnail it didn't seem to fit in, just because of the lighting. The highlights from the bottom and back (and even the very front) are not very realistic, they are huge! Maybe a nice sky light would help.

b )Modeling

A few places are a bit lacking in detail. Examples are where the pieces of metal end, the front lights, the door handles, the top and sides of the windshield. They just don't look quite right. I'd recheck your referencese on a few specific places.

c )Textures

Overall the textures are pretty good, but there are a few places where it could use some work. The tires, hub caps, and windshields don't look quite right, unfortunately I'm no expert here so all I can do is act as an outside source and just tell you where I see need for improvement.

Really nice job on this car, I can't wait to see what it'll look like when it's finished.

Hi hashers !!!

looking now, I think I should have posted this topic in the WIP section :) Is there a way to do this ?? ( change a topic from showcase to wip )

but a few things make it stand out like a sore thumb

Zack .. you are right in all your consideration...

then i :

- added 2 more sun lights in CHO ... first version had only 1 sun light

- remodeled front lights, and adjusted some cp´s

- tried to impose more authenticity to the textures

thanks

love the latest

Hi King .. thanks im tring to do it better day by day

you continue to amaze me

Matrickz !!!! hi friend .... thx for your comment , we needed to meet in the chat again ...

and the new version ....

medal..medal..medal...

ops ...

comments .. comments comments

Peace

Xtaz

porscheversao2.jpg