Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Chuckaboro Tree

Hi Hashers

Well I am posting a model that I started a while back for the next Bella Bear story and I wanted you lot to have a look and see what you thought. I am a bit concerned about the leaves on it. Do they look a bit cheapskate being decals or should I try and do something with sprites (not quite sure how do do this)?

Any tips or advice would be greatly appreciated. I have also added a few touches to the Bella Bear website:

Bella Bear Website

I am currently working on a kinda show reel for my creation to breath life into me characters and I thought I would tart-up the website in the meantime. Not much has changed but any tips on what I should or shouldn't do - NO, TAKING IT DOWN COMPLETELY - would not be helpful :P would be nice and I will give you all a big fat kiss...

Well, perhaps not... :D

Chuckaboro_Tree_with_Leaves.jpg

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cool tree. I like it. As for the leaves, try adding the decal to a sphere. Then you pull different cp's around to give it a more natural shape. Add the sphere to the branches like you did with the flat patches. If you are using v11 you can add the decal to the hair as an image and apply the hair material to the spheres to give it a more 3d look.

mtpeak2

Thanks for the tip! I will have to experiment with the new version I think. I am sure I have seen someone else doing fings with leaves and the likes somewhere on this forum.

Anyway, I just added another shot of the tree a bit more close up. I think I O-D-ed on the Cell Turb a bit in my efforts to create a believable tree bark… :blink:

Chuckaboro_Tree_Side.jpg

Gee fanks guys! I will plod on with him and get him looking right. I want him to come across as an old sage of a tree who's been around for ages and kinda knows everything - when he can remember it ;)

He's gonna feature in the next Bella Bear story, but I am gonna animate parts of the previous two stories first then get on with the third story... well, that's the plan anyway :D

• 4 months later...

The textures might look OK but I diddn't notice BB up in the air :D Anyway, here's another little update, almost finished this scene except for facial poses for the Chuckaboro Tree (that's gonna be fun). I am off to put BB in here Igloo and put some nice furniture in it now ;)

Chuckaboro_Tree_Crossroads.jpg

Oh, I've gone all silly now. It's nice to know someone out there like me work apart from me - thanks for your comments guys, more is on the way :)

As for the mouth on the tree, I am saving that bit until last, I am working on the kite at the moment.

See yas later!