sprockets Jeff Cantin's Classic Splining Tutorial Strange Effect, video demo and PRJ included John blows up a planet, PRJs included VWs by Stian, Rodger and Marcos Myron's band gets its own wine! Learn to do radiosity renders Commercial modeled and animated by serg2
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Could Someone Give me Advice on Optimal Workflow for 3D Animation Projects?

Hello there,

I have recently started diving into 3D animation using Hash Animation, and I am looking to optimize my workflow to make the most out of the software. As a newcomer to the 3D animation world; I am excited to learn from those with more experience and refine my approach to ensure efficiency and creativity.

Currently; I am working on a short animation project that involves character modeling; rigging; and scene composition.

I find rigging quite complex; and sometimes my rigs don't behave as expected during animation. What are some best practices for creating stable and flexible rigs? Are there specific tutorials or resources that you recommend for mastering rigging in Animation?🤔

I am trying to establish a solid workflow; from initial concept to final rendering. How do you usually structure your projects? For instance; how much time do you spend on modeling; rigging; animating; and rendering? Any tips on managing these phases effectively?🤔

I have noticed that rendering can take a significant amount of time. What techniques or settings do you use to balance quality and render time? Are there particular settings in Animation
that are essential for achieving high quality renders without excessively long render times?

Also, I have gone through this post; https://forums.hash.com/forum/408-sap-learners/ which definitely helped me out a lot.

Also, if there are any community challenges or collaborative projects; I would love to participate and learn from others in real time.

Thank you in advance for your help and assistance.😇

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Such exceedingly broad and loquacious questions give the unfortunate appearance of an unserious post.

I suggest you bring specific questions as they occur in your work.

For example:

I find rigging quite complex; and sometimes my rigs don't behave as expected during animation.

That isn't enough information to answer to. It is best to post an example of the problem in a case like that.

Or you can bring it to Live Answer Time (see the link in my signature below).

For character rigs, you could try using a pre-made rig like one of these:

2008 Rig

TSM2 (also easy to setup quadrupeds, etc)

Squetch Rig (Squetchy Sam)...more links in my signature.

There is also the 2001 Rig (you'll have to search for it) and the Saucy Rig (I think the link is currently down).

There are a lot of tutorials covering most of what you requested in the forums...if something isn't covered or you can't find the answer, ask a question.

I'm looking forward to seeing your project!