Madfox

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Hash Fellow

I'm probably wrong about that. But it has something to do with...

The Media Control Interface — MCI for short — is a high-level API developed by Microsoft and IBM for controlling multimedia peripherals connected to a Microsoft Windows or OS/2 computer, such as CD-ROM players and audio controllers.

Does your PRJ have a sound file?

I'm currently working on a file for the "PinkFloyd"contest, so yes, there is a soundfile.
After tracking the wav file for a decent messure format, I'm a bit lost.
It is quiet a long wav file, 3:24:58.

So what I did was making parts of 13 seconds and animate as far as I could.
Now I have a choreography file that takes a long time before it is loaded. 
It can take up to 20minutes before it is clear to go.

Now I tried to break up the first cho file in a second one, but it takes a lot of query before it are the same statements.

Also there is a lot of "missing Null_Pointer" in order.

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/d8d2oetnxe2xcj7bfki40/straight01.mp4?rlkey=pvy8mdxeug28nr44ffwioro39&dl=0

• Hash Fellow

The download will take a while.

Instead of putting all the parts in one PRJ, how about putting each section in a chor in a different PRJ? Render each one separately and edit them together in your video editing program.

• Hash Fellow

I got the movie to download. It looks cool.

3 minutes 24 sec is a long stretch to render in A:M with audio

How about this...

• Cut the audio into exact 15 second segments
  • Put the first 15-second audio segment into a chor and animate the first 15 seconds. Save that out as Chor00.
  • reload that Chor00 into a new PRJ. Delete the first audio and add the second audio at 15 seconds. Animate the next 15 seconds. Save the  Chor as Chor01.
  • reload that Chor01 into a new PRJ. Delete the second audio and add the third audio at 30 seconds. Animate the next 15 seconds. Save the  Chor as Chor02.
  • continue this until the whole song has been animated. Render without sound (preferably to an image sequence). Sync the video up with the original audio in a video editing program.

Yes, that looks the best approach to it.
This firts part is four times 13 seconds, but as soon as I reach the third one loading goes really slow.

I had this attempt to try it out in one choreography as I have the feeling it is the most reliable way to keep sound and video synchrone.
Now I started the fifth part on a new choreography and it loads quicker.

• Hash Fellow
8 hours ago, Madfox said:

This firts part is four times 13 seconds, but as soon as I reach the third one loading goes really slow.

Yeah. 15 is just a number I dreamed up. Any reasonably short segment length will work as long as you know exactly where to put them in the timeline.