Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Animation

Hi Guys!

Please anybody show me a/(more) good action(s) and please to mark offset,anticipation,follow through,overshot,squash and strech application in it!

I will be happy, that you can help me in this topic and you can offer a

good rig for my models ,because maybe I can learn the

animation much more and I may can make my projects better!!

I'm waiting Your answer and thanks before!

Can you help me and tutor in the animation topic?

Sharky! :(

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi!

The Machine setup by Anzovin Studio is not free!

I need free ,good and easy rig!

-Can you offer other solution?

-Can somebody help me in the animation topic and its main parts?

-(For example:anticipation,follow through, easy in/out, etc.)

Thanks,Sharky! :(

• Hash Fellow
-Can somebody help me in the animation topic and its main parts?

-(For example:anticipation,follow through, easy in/out, etc.)

How about this? Those basic principles haven't really changed in 70 years. These FREE 2D tutorials here have alot of great, useful stuff in them. All the things they're saying about their silly pencil-drawn bouncing balls and floppy cartoon characters also apply to our very serious 3D bouncing balls and we-wish-they-were-half-as-floppy CG characters...

http://cartoonster.com/

and even better

http://www.awn.com/tooninstitute/index.htm

and there's a zillion more like those out there if you search on the web.

Hi guys!

First I thank your answers and your great links!

And I would like to look at somebody's animation(s), and I want to look that How does He/She apply the animation principles!?

And please He/She write me a description and in this you write me that what and when does He/She apply the animation principle?!

Can somebody help me?

Thanks, Sharky! :(

• Hash Fellow
And I would like to look at somebody's animation(s), and I want to look that How does He/She apply the animation principles!?

And please He/She write me a description and in this you write me that what and when does He/She apply the animation principle?!

Well, not because it's the best example, and not because it's the clearest example, but just because it's mine and you get what you pay for around here... ;)

First go to my Showdown page and download "Save me!".

Ok, get it up in your quicktime player. We're gonna use the cursor keys to go thru it one frame at a time.

In Frame 1 Mr. Alien is stranded on a desert island looking down at the sand. He's gonna glance up to see a boat in the distance.

But wait! Step forward and you'll see his head actually goes down in frames 25-27 before it goes up in frames 28-32. That was an anticipation. That little contrary move (a) got the audiences attention and (b ) made the whole thing seem snappier.

He does another anticipation in frames 55-57 before standing all the way up in frame 61. Look at his hands. They don't finish moving until frame 63. That's overlapping motion. It (a) shows his hands aren't just sticks glued to the end of his arm and (b ) helps avoid that robotic everything-arriving-at-the-same-time look. In real life your hands are moved by your arms, so when your arms move, your hands follow and have to catch up. (And when I say "real life" I mean real life that's been exaggerated ;) )

Next skip over all that crappy waving motion. Go to when the camera angle changes to a "long shot". He's jumping to get the boat's attention.

See how he crouches way down before he jumps? That's my excuse for squash. And once he leaves the ground... the way his arms are pointing way up and his legs are pointing way down? Yup, that's stretch.

But don't spend too much time looking at my animation. What you really need to do now is try some thing yourself. First, do exercise #3 in "The Art of A:M" to learn what the A:M rig is about. Then use Thom off the CD (because he's already rigged too) and do something simple with him, like a broad jump. Post it in this WIP forum and ask people what they'd do to improve it.

Save the walk cycle stuff for later. It's great demo of A:M features but walk cycles involve alot of complicated animation issues. Start simple.

OK, no excuses not to be animating now...

Edited by robcat2075

• Admin

Robert,

I don't know if Mr. Sharky liked your breakdown BUT I liked it!

Jolly Good Show! Can't view the animation just now... but will just as soon as I'm able.

Personally, I think we got a lot MORE than we paid for!

So...

Thanks Again!

• Hash Fellow

I think "balance" is going to be an issue for any martial arts topic.

Tony Lower-Basch started a great set of martial arts related motion tuts at his Dojo Project. Rigs have advanced some since he wrote them but the things he says about motion still apply today. Give them a look!

Nice Aikidoka model!

I would enlarge the portrait of O'Sensei, to exagerate the kamiza area, and make the bowing etiquette clearer.

To add a little life to the static animation of the seiza sitting position, I would make a "breathing" action for the character.

Since you will be doing all of these animations in one dojo model, you can afford to really dress it up with little details, and light it well. That will help make the demonstrations easy on the eyes :)

I look forward to seeing some complex throws and ukemi ! :ph34r:

Hi Mr. William Sutton!

I thank your fast answer!

1, I'm happy that you like my model!

2, How can I clear the bowling etiquette ??? (for example?)

3, My character is breathing in the seiza sitting position, but You can't see, because the movie is low resulation!

4, Sorry, I don't understand, please write me detailer!

(you can afford to really dress it up with little details, and light it well.

That will help make the demonstrations easy on the eyes )

I'm waiting your answer!

Until here is a little demo

Sharky :rolleyes:

I just mean that I understand the tradition of bowing towards the photo of O'Sensei, but it is so small in the animation that it isn't clear. Simply by making it oversized would make it more illustrative. That's just my 2cents ;)

By details in the dojo, I just mean that you have essentially one set for dozens of animations. By making it more interesting to look at you will keep the viewers attention...

Because you are going to re-use this same set over and over, you can afford to spend the time on it.

By the way, the "kotegashi" movie looks great!!!! B)

it is so small in the animation that it isn't clear. Simply by making it oversized would make it more illustrative. That's just my 2cents ;)

Hi mr. William Sutton!

What does it mean, please write me simplier, because I don't understand!

For example: "2cents" What is this?

I'm waiting your answer!

Sharky :blink:

Hi Guys!

I arrived in my project, that I animate lipsync!

But I need help, that I can make a good dialogue with expression!

Can anybody offer a good reference stuff or tutorial, what gives good illustrations about dialogue animation!

Please help me!

Thanks,Sharky :(