Hash, Inc. Forums

Hello again.

spacecomics

10 years ago I stopped in the middle of Scarecrow of Oz after my mother fell ill, and one problem leading to the next, never got back to it.  Now I'm working on a music video for a song a friend wrote, and thought I'd see if I can do some modeling and animation for it. So here I am.

I found my old A:M disk and inserted it in my not as old Windows 7 PC, and it says:

The version of this file is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program, and then contact the software publisher.

I thought this PC would run both 32-bit and 64-bit. Is there a way to get this to work? Can't afford a new version.

Thanks. --Roger

Welcome back. I have not used Hash in a long long time either but I still like to check their web site. I have a dongle too :) I started on the amiga...

I think if you have a 32 bit system and are trying to install the 64 bit version of AM, then it will not work. If this is not the case and have an very old version that works on XP, i would right click the setup icon and click on properties. Then check the compatibilty tab and tell the program to be compatible with XP service pack 3. That should let you run the setup.

Best

PO

That got it to install, but it still wouldn't run. I tried the usual stuff, reboot, reinstall from scratch, run as administrator; still wouldn't work. For now I'm going to give Blender a whirl (I know it's  harder to learn, but I'll give it a shot).  Probably by the time I'm done with this project I'll find my other A:M disk (I think it was version 13, 2006). Thanks again. I'll be back.

Are you trying to run a newer version? The discs are tied to specific versions.

$79 for the subscription isn't too bad if you think about it. That's like $6.58 a month and you get to run the latest versions.

• 2 months later...