Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace dies

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Sad news.

I wish everyone could have the experience I had of seeing my first "Wallace and Grommit" cartoon in a theater in the 90s with a thousand other fans and sensing that animation could be wonderful again.

A tribute: Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace dies aged 96

• ____ 1

• *A:M User*

Sad news.

I wish everyone could have the experience I had of seeing my first "Wallace and Grommit" cartoon in a theater in the 90s with a thousand other fans and sensing that animation could be wonderful again.

A tribute: Peter Sallis, voice of Wallace dies aged 96

I remember the first Wallace and Grommit I saw was a double feature of Wrong Trousers and Close Shave in one of my animation classes and they were amazing.

He will definitely be missed.

Those cartoons are embroiled in the memories of my nieces and nephew and us... lines have become household sayings like 'Crackin' toast, Grommit!' or 'Get yourselves sorted down there!' and of course, 'More cheese, Grommit?' I hope future generations will enjoy what could be considered the pinnacle of claymation... and keep Mr. Sallis's voice being heard.

• *A:M User*

There is supposedly some software that can "learn" the voice of a celebrity and use it to generate speech. So you could have your GPS read you directions in the voice of Mr. Sallis or Jimmy Stewart, for that matter.